When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Watch Movement..

spider87

Ok well I got a new watch movement from shura110. While the movement functions awesome and everything it is not quite what I expected as I, as a noob, was thinking it would have a dial and hands... However.... it does not lol.. I am not sure what to do at this point

Is there a way to get some hands and a dial for it? I plan on making a dial but I'm trying to figure out hands for it first.... I also need a case for it but I'm thinking I'll just glue it to the face I end up getting (Using a removable type substance so it's not completely perm) and then just put that in the watch case.... But I'm not sure where to go with it...

I need parts I guess haha

Here's some pics, I'm trying to remember exactly what it's from shura had it in the post but I can't seem to find the post ATM...

sany0012p.th.jpg

sany0005.th.jpg

sany0007.th.jpg

sany0008.th.jpg

sany0010.th.jpg

Edit:

FOund the original post "2. Asian movement from Cartier Santos 100 $20"

Thanks shura! The movement is great :-)

Edited by spider87

I'm not sure what movement that is. You'll need one of the experts here to identify the hand size for you so you know what hands to get...and then you'll need a datewheel overlay for whatever dial you want to use...aligned for the dial you plan to use...you may or may not need a dial spacer ring to allow the datewheel overlay to rotate properly.

Depending on the case you plan on sticking it in...you might need a movement holder.

To fit properly, the hands & dial must be made for that particular movement. However, with the right tools, you can often resize hand tubes.....a bit. And you can always use dial dots or some other type of semi-permanent adhesive material to attach a dial to a movement (with the caveat that this may require some trial-&-error to get the correct fit &, eventually, the dial is likely to require re-fitting when the adhesive loosens). Cases, while offering a bit more latitude when trying to fit a movement, still may require movement spacers and/or modifications to get everything aligned correctly. These are definitely not tasks for the weak-kneed.

I'm trying now to find a way to make my own plastic movement holder to the size i need

Go to repair shop and get one sized to what you need. They're cheap, and they'll fit better. A plastic one will work just fine...you don't need a custom metal one if it's not in a display back case.