When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Let's see your Breitling BCE's!

By-Tor

I was negotiating a deal of a gen Seamaster "Bond" watch. Well, the deal never took place because we couldn't find an agreement of the payment method. The seller was ready to swallow the PayPal fee in his sales post, but later changed his mind (on the run) + couldn't agree to a $100 discount for me using the bank wire (that means virtually zero cost for the seller, and the buyer waiting 5 days for it confirm, and having zero protection).

So f*ck him... Web is full of Bond Seamasters. I can always buy it later.

Now I have some funds for another watch.

Breitling Chronomat Evolution rep has been on my list for years. I never bought it, and I don't want to buy it now, either. But it looks like I have to. You know when the "itch" hits you... you can't help it.

Please post as unpleasant and unattractive pictures of your BCE's as possible, so I can forget that ugly watch and use all my budgeted SMP money for something more useful. Like buying a sea cruise & night at Stockholm for me & my beautiful lady.

Thank you! :tu:

Briefly owned a graphite dial BCE V3 with updated DW, sold it few weeks after I got it.

I don't want to sound negative and put you off it, because all in all it's a nice rep, but for my picky nature it was just a little too much off.

The concentric 'graphite' circles on main dial were sporadic and broken, mainly dotted instead of continuous, you could see that quite well under an angle in either daylight or incadescent light.

Lume was pretty badly applied on stick markers, it was green when non-charged (C5) and should be white (C1). The xtal sits quite high up over the inner (fixed) bezel line, and the rider tabs almost scratch it as you move the bezel. I was unable to squeeze a hair (literaly my head hair) in between the 15 and 45 rider tabs and the xtal, and that was a pretty much bad sign from a get go, for me. I heard later that mine wasn't an exception and the other V2/V3 BCEs had this issue as well.

I'd just add shallow bezel numbers engraving on rider tabs, and sometimes non-centered numerals. If you're thinking of buying a new, make sure tghe dealer of your choice sends you the picture of it, so you can check for this.

All in all good rep, but could be tad better, not in the class of SFSO or Skyland Avengers yet, IMO.

P1020551.jpg

P1020556.jpg

babola

well, i'll agree that on my V3 BCE the Lume is applied kind of crappy in a few places, but overall i believe its a very nice rep.

You can always get a GEN dial if it bothers you a lot.

evo4jp4.jpg

BTW: i got a GEN crosswind dial (which would fit perfectly into your BCE) and Lello DW i was gonna put in mine but due to other projects am thinking of selling

Briefly owned a graphite dial BCE V3 with updated DW, sold it few weeks after I got it.

I don't want to sound negative and put you off it, because all in all it's a nice rep, but for my picky nature it was just a little too much off.

The concentric 'graphite' circles on main dial were sporadic and broken, mainly dotted instead of continuous, you could see that quite well under an angle in either daylight or incadescent light.

Lume was pretty badly applied on stick markers, it was green when non-charged (C5) and should be white (C1). The xtal sits quite high up over the inner (fixed) bezel line, and the rider tabs almost scratch it as you move the bezel. I was unable to squeeze a hair (literaly my head hair) in between the 15 and 45 rider tabs and the xtal, and that was a pretty much bad sign from a get go, for me. I heard later that mine wasn't an exception and the other V2/V3 BCEs had this issue as well.

I'd just add shallow bezel numbers engraving on rider tabs, and sometimes non-centered numerals. If you're thinking of buying a new, make sure tghe dealer of your choice sends you the picture of it, so you can check for this.

All in all good rep, but could be tad better, not in the class of SFSO or Skyland Avengers yet, IMO.

babola

You never mentioned any of that when I bought it off you... :o:p:D

@By-Tor, I've got an SFSO, UPO and a modded TWB sub among others but still consider the BCE I bought from Babola my best watch...get one and make your own opinion of it... ;)

Edit...Even Dave reckons they're one of the better Breitling reps..

Edited by sconehead

You never mentioned any of that when I bought it off you... :o:p:D

B) Mate, those were the things I personaly disliked about the latest release of BCE, but those are also things that don't bother 99% of rep brotherhood, and the watch was actually nice, no issues at all...standard V3 rep. So rest assured, you didn't buy a lemon from me :)

Had I not urgently needed the funds back then, I would have probably kept it ;) That, plus the fact I like the black dial with silver subdials model better.

Hope the watch is still going strong!

A bit off topic but the previous BCE I had, a V2 graphite without the updated datefont, didn't have the concentric rings around the dial, it was plain grey, was that correct?

I don't believe so. All the pics of the gen graphite BCE I've seen, and the one my AD has on display at the moment have the rings around the middle and at the edge of a main dial.

Edited by babola

Thanks guys. Tempting, tempting...

I always thought the BCE would be pretty much perfect watch if all steel was brushed.

But dunno, maybe I need one bling watch in my collection too.

I've been doing some reading and some people consider the v2 dial much better. Maybe v2 with upgraded Lello dw would be the best?

Regarding the dials, the graphite is the only option for me of the SS models. Really good looking watch. TT versions are really nice as well, but maybe a bit too much for me.

Keep 'em coming!

I wore the rep into an AD on Saturday, luckily I was chatting to my sister on the mobile because out the other ear I could hear the manager telling the clerk to jump on me when off the phone cos I was wearing an expensive BCE and bound to purchase something :)

I quickly scarpered out the shop after viewing the gens :) Very little in it if you ask me, having said that my BCE was bought from here (see pics): BCE Graphite

It is a V2 and has very nice concentric rings on the main dial (2 places) and the sub dials - looks fantastic, AR is 100% as well. It has just the right level of classy bling without being offensive. The silver round the sub dials, hands, and markers shimmer as they catch the light. It really looks and feels like a very expensive watch, I don't own any other Breitling reps however if BCE owners are saying these better the BCE then my wallet is in for a pounding...

Personally I can't ever see myself letting this watch go.

Hope that helps :D

Edited by jojo90

A bit off topic but the previous BCE I had, a V2 graphite without the updated datefont, didn't have the concentric rings around the dial, it was plain grey, was that correct?

This model?...should have...

PC170202.JPG

By-Tor looking for a bling Breitling,who would have thought that day would come.

My work is done. :)

Edited by Dave123

By-Tor looking for a bling Breitling,who would have thought that day would come.

Dave, I was one of the guys who convinced Andrew that a BCE rep would sell. And that was long before you even came to the community. Andrew was really skeptic about it. That was back then when only half-decent Breitling rep was the Navitimer.

I've always liked the BCE. That polished bracelet is the only reason why I haven't purchased one yet.

But yeah, for once we agree about ONE watch. It's a freakin' miracle actually. I still hate those diamond bezels man. Sorry. :D

I will have to post a pic of mine. I love this watch. I have a BCE with V2 dail, beautiful concentric circles, with 7750 swiss movement, lume job, and lello date wheel. I have worn it everyday for a very long time, and it has kept very good time and still look stunning.

This model?...should have...

PC170202.JPG

No, that's the slate dial with black sub-dials Dave. Mine was a graphite with Automatic in red.

See Hongkytonkman's image of his Graphite V2, looks as if it's the same as my V2, no concentric rings, as I asked before, anyone know if Breitling did the dial like this at some point?

I love my bling version BCE with big extra accurate date font I wear it to many business trips for some reason. Good travel watch!

dsc00768jmd.jpg

I bought the Breitling on impulse and at first was disappointed with some minor quibbles. I have since come to love the watch because of the compliments it gets me.

dsc09351.jpg

The diamond bezel, encrusted with 40 simulated stones, gives off a nice and realistic sparkle. I think it really makes the watch.

dsc09366b.jpg

My Chronomat Evolution came with excellent lume. The picture above is digitally enhanced to give you the full Breitling experience.

dsc09365.jpg

This is a big "new money" watch with powerful in-your-face style. I recommend it for someone who wants to stick out of the crowd and look like a real big city player.