When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen 3035 movement in rep case?

CJT74

As suggested a few times. The Eurotimez V.3 is your best option. It takes the gen bezel assembly and gen crystal. Stem alignment is for 2836-2 and the 3035 will line up as well. All it needs is the lug holes enlarged to fit gen springbars.

unfortunately, a gen spec. bezel assembly will not fit the noob case.

Ok so I'm sitting around waiting for Eurotimez to respond so in the mean time I decided to tinker. As I mentioned I have this gen dial, gen hands and gen 3035 movement that I need a case for. It all fit perfect in the MBK case but I don't want to use that case because it has no lug holes and it has the ROLEX engraved in the rehaut.

So I went to the hardware store and got the smallest drill bit I could find. I figured I would drill the lug holes and see what happened. I wasn't planning on ever using this case so what the hell. Well the lug hole drilling came out pretty good and I have gen spec spring bars to fill the holes. The holes are just a hair to big but almost un noticable compared to my gen 14060.

Next was the engraved rehaut. That was a piece of cake to get rid of. A few times around with a soft sanding wheel on the dremmel and it was gone. Then some light sanding with 1200 grit paper and then a little polish with metal polish.

Now I am just in need of a case tube and a bezel retaining ring as I had to modify the originals to use on the case I am using now. I already ordered a ring and tube. I think I will still buy the V3 case if Eurotimez ever gets back to me so I can choose the best one.

Here are the pics. Sorry the quality isn't that great but I'm still learning how to take macro pics. The pics don't do it justice, especially the dial which is beautiful. The date wheel is white and the 6s and 9s are open. I don't have the movement set in perfect yet, I just set it in for the pics so it looks a little crooked.

post-16052-1237315115_thumb.jpg

post-16052-1237315127_thumb.jpg

post-16052-1237315140_thumb.jpg

post-16052-1237315154_thumb.jpg

Thanks. I already have all the gold parts. I am slowely turning a rep into a franken sub. I have a gen 18K crown, an aftermarket solid (not plated or wraped) 18K/SS bracelet and a solid 18K aftermarket bezel and insert. I have all this on a fully functioning rep case with gen ETA and MBK dial. The watch looks and feels fantastic as it is but I wanted the gen movement and dial.

Once I get the case for the 3035 squared away I will transfer all the gold parts to it.

Here is a picture of the watch now with the MBK dial, unknown case and ETA sitting next to my gen 14060.

post-16052-1237324699_thumb.jpg

Edited by CJT74