When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone have this model? Reviews? Opinion

Vlad1980

Hi Vlad,

that watch is Noobmariner with the rehaut engraving. Yes, it's very good rep for the money. I would try to source it without the engraving though.

Go to my section and see the review of the Noobmariner.

Yes it's the same model.

Noobmariner came with

Asian 21J movement (low beat) = my review watch.

ETA 2836-2 (high beat) = Paul's watch (Pam111).

Who really knows if it's genuine ETA or not... but if it is, the price is really nice. I doubt it though... most of those ETAs are Chinese copies these days. But if it has the high beat 28.800bph movement and it works... who really cares.

I'm not a big fan of the rehaut engraving either, but this watch could be a pretty good deal for the price. The mentioned upgrades- new crown, improved crown guards, better pearl, new bezel, better print dial and better date font are all issues that the old noobmariner had. If the factory has corrected these items, it could make for a very fine watch. But B-T is right, it's probably an asian eta, but that's just something we're going to have to deal with- the supply of swiss eta's is drying up.

If you're in the market for a good sub, but don't want to spend WM9 prices, this looks like an excellent alternative.

if its not a swiss eta, i wouldnt want to pay a higher price for a copy.

The copy ETA's are actually really good movements for the money...just not if they're sold as gen ETAs... a lot of times the Asian ETA movements show up in better working order than the surplus/refurb gen ETAs the manufacturers use!

The asia eta 2813 is really a misnomer. More of the Chinese false advertizing hype. It is actually a chinese copy of the Miyota 21 jewel movement - the 8215. There is nothing eta about it. But the one in Josh's Beginmariner is one of the best of the batch. Look for the WO symbol under the balance wheel- this denote a movement made by PTS Resources in China. They are also sold by Ofrei and CousinsUK.

http://www.ofrei.com/page1119.html

The DG2813 is the one.

The thing to remember is that all of the movements in reps are subject to needing to be serviced- be it chinese, eta copy or the true etas- just the luck of the draw. But once they're serviced, they are generaly pretty decent. But the problem with the chinese movements is it's cheaper to replace them than to service them. Copy etas can go either way and true etas are worth servicing, but it can easily run $100 or more. Welcome to the rep world.

I just got it and I'm loving it! Everything is good except a little nick on the bezel but its barebly visible! My question is, can I replace the bezel on the beginmariner? And also do you guys suggest soaking the bracelet in wd40 for 15 minutes?

My

I wouldn't mind a little nick on the bezel too much, personally. It's supposed to be a hardcore sports watch. And hardcore sports watches should have nicks and scratches.

Oiling the bracelet is essential. Leave the bracelet to any kind of oil overnight, and then rinse and wash in the morning. Then polish it with car wax. The difference after this treatment is quite dramatic.