When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help Guys! Customs

nnomad

Hello People,

First of all, im clearly a rookie in this..but each day i try to learn a bit more with all of you, and spare you from some rather stupid questions..so..ive been mostly silenced, until today.

I decided to buy my first replica from Watcheden ... following your recommended sellers list.. but now i just received from the customs at portugal that my item will be destroyed....:((( ... did i lost all my money?!?!...cause if so..its a damn bad start for me in this world...

keep up the great work

Alex

Unfortunately customs is an inherent problem with this hobby. Did they not even to offer to send it if you pay customs charges on it? Send a message to the dealer and see what they say. Not a lot else you can do, it's illegal property so I do't think it's advisable contacting customs about it.

Its a Panerai..and i played the "really?..thats a counterfeit item?.i had no idea!"....thats about all i could do..the law here demants the destruction of the item, so i dont think they will ship it back....

anyway...that wasnt a good start at all..............................

Just found out some good news!.... at watcheden website it is stated "We guarantee that our items will clear customs anywhere in the world . Confident of this, in the event that a shipment is seized we will reship once at our own expense." there is hope after all!.. i

Yep, Tony will fix. May I sugest that in future it may be an idea to use a EU based dealer to advoid this problem. Maybe you have a mate in Spain? They seem to be a lot laxer about these things. Have them sent to him. Proberly an idea to use a different addres next time if you ship to yourself. Also don't contact customs at all even to answer one of their notes.

Regards, Col.

Hi Col,

Well, actually im doing business right now with Precious Time... that should save me some problems... I already contacted Tony so im waiting for the answer...regardind the "silent policy" ... thanks for the advice.. i wont contact them in any way..ill just assume the watch is forever lost...

Very much appreciated all your support!

Cheers guys,

Alex

Hi Col,

Well, actually im doing business right now with Precious Time... that should save me some problems... I already contacted Tony so im waiting for the answer...regardind the "silent policy" ... thanks for the advice.. i wont contact them in any way..ill just assume the watch is forever lost...

I'm more like, someone on Portuguese Customs won a brand new expensive watch, that's what it is!!!!

Hi Col,

Very much appreciated all your support!

Cheers guys,

Alex

With PT you cannot fail ;) Great dealer indeed especially within EU...Trust him!

Dam thats to bad. This is a good or not so good reminder of what were dealing with here. It can happen to anyone of us at anytime. Thank god it does not happen that much anymore. The dealers have become pretty slick. :sneaky2: There are a few tricks that they use that seem to work fairly well. From what I hear Watcheden are stand up dealers. All should be well soon. Good luck and lets us know how it turns out. :drinks: Mike