When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help..is this 1680 dial gen part 2

yachtmaster

So the seller has got 2 more dials, and at very cheap prices. One is white and the other has some patina and is yellowish. I've been comparing pics to gen for hours and the white one looks gen to me(or could be a very good refinish), but im not 100% sure about the yellow one so Im going for the white one. Chieftang was right, there are different variations of these dials, centered L in Rolex and not centered. But the one thing that I noticed was that most of 2 in the 200m in the gens look the same. Theres like a little feet on the bottom left corner of the 2.

But in all its still hard to tell for me. here are the pics of 2 more dials.

Can anybody tell?

post-6598-1236879586_thumb.jpg

post-6598-1236879705_thumb.jpg

post-6598-1236879614_thumb.jpg

post-6598-1236879656_thumb.jpg

post-6598-1236879868_thumb.jpg

DAmn, you guys got me thinking.

Thanks a lot for your responses. I really appreciate it.

check this gen 1680 from TZ from a reputable seller. L in RoLex is centered under the crown. so there are both.

Anyways, I will buy the buyer first. Seller is a old lady and got it from her husbands watchmarker that passed. The old lady and husband were given a few vintage dials that are gen from the watchmarker and listed it on the bay. Ill let you guys know how it goes when I meet the person to see it.

post-6598-1237017777_thumb.jpg