When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Where to get some case-clamps ?

namor

Case clamps, not movement holders.

I have bought a couple of sets of assorted case clamps, and I don't think any of them would work if you need them unusually long. In fact, none of them are big enough to work on my gen Speedmaster Mk II if I were to lose one of them. I managed to get one to work on a DW Daytona, but if large is what you're after, you may be best off making your own.

how long do you need? please post a pic if you can.

I have a bunch of them in various lengths. Some very long ones as well. All gen ETA.

Depending where you buy, they run from $4-$5 each. PM me and I can sell you a set if I have what you need.

Thank you all for your helpful comments !

I know that they are sold in assortments, for example a bag from Bergeon with 25 sets for around 15,- USD.

But I don't need a variation of 25 sets and not one fitting my watch - therefore my question here...

The size should be at least 5,5mm - max. 6mm.

Here is a quick-pic of the shape it should had:

caseclamp.jpg

Meanwhile - some friends here had a look in their partsboxes (many thanks again for the efforts !) - the size is unusual and not included in the standard assortment bags (Bergeon, ETA). That was the reason why I asked here for your opinions...

Yeah, my watchmaker could have some matching ones, or perhaps even make some new ones - but currently I have no access to him :(

Thanks again for the replies and ideas ;)

I checked my tin of clamps and I don't have the long ones anymore. I remember now that I ground them down so I could use them.

They were clamps for an ETA 2892-A2 but called special WP clamps on the borel parts list. Definitely longer than the usual clamps out there. part number 166/1/554.101 $4.40 each

6mm is very long.

How come your movement needs such a long clamp. This is an indication on your movement is not matching the case machined or vice versa.

Not necessarily... It's fitting perfect, but is a specialty... Stilty has a clue in the following post: ;)

I checked my tin of clamps and I don't have the long ones anymore. I remember now that I ground them down so I could use them.

They were clamps for an ETA 2892-A2 but called special WP clamps on the borel parts list. Definitely longer than the usual clamps out there. part number 166/1/554.101 $4.40 each

Yeah, the movement I'm working on is very similar - could be a specialty of it's size - thanks for the parts number from borel !! Will definately have a look at it...