When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

WM9 V2 Sub 08 Z series

AllergyDoc

Got mine from BK a couple of weeks ago. Had it modified (by BK) with the smaller crown and of course the Clark without etched crown.

Mine is running a stable +4 secs a day when wearing it.

I am amazed by that litte movement, running sharp and actually holding "some hours more than 40 h" reserve.

Only one issue bothers me with the watch, considered the amount of time and effort put into building this watch at WM and by BK, why not put in an extra hour the round up the edges of the case and the bracelet before assembledt? Edges is very sharp. Of course I know this is a general issue(more or less) of all reps, but I would no doubt be willing to add to the price if I could avoid the disassembly, "rounding", assembly.

All in all, very satisfied with the watch and the service. Go for it if you want a very good out of the box sub.

I may have to put mine on the Sales Forum shortly :( to help fund a couple of Omega gens :Jumpy: I have in the buying pipeline.

Hi,

If you decide to sell, could I have first refusal on it please?

Any idea how much you'll want if you do sell??

• 2 weeks later...
I think I've got the diver's extension problem worked out. It snaps in nice and tight now and doesn't pop out on it's own.

With that bicycle chain lube and keeping it washed, the steel has a beautiful sheen to it.

Allergy Doc,

I have exactly the same watch, mine is wonderfull, I lube the band and smooth the edges but I`m having the same issue with the dive extension, and ask, how you fixed it?

Thanks,

Max

Thank you very much Doc.

I've made the same question to George and he answered me this:

"Oh yes! That's a very common issue even on genuine Rolex Subs.

Here's the quick fix:

You can bend the diver's extension inward (toward the clasp) a little

bit, and that will solve the problem for good."

I'll try to bend the extension tonight.

Thanks a lot,

Max

• 2 weeks later...

My watch has been identified as a "refurbished" model, not the new 08 Series Z V2 George promised to send. ID was made by the lack of etched crown, apparently only found on "refurbished" models or upgraded watches w/Clark crystals, and funky CGs.

I don't consider the lack of etched crown a fault and the funky CG can only be seen through a loop or macro lens, so I'm happy.

It's the watch I paid for, so I'm not sore about that. I just don't like being lied to.

• 4 months later...