When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK members help please

FxrAndy

Not off topic as it is related to me staying in touch with the board

What is the cheepest and best netbook avaiulable to buy in the UK today

And is there a pay as you go surfing solution or what is the best way to stay on line for a week in the UK

I am on a course in the Nottingham area for the next week (flying in tomorrow)

I was looking at the HP for

The netbook you have suggested looks as good as anything else but it might be an idea to check out Staples www.staples.co.uk

and Comet www.comet.co.uk as they both have a reasonable selection off the shelf.

As far as web access is concerned all the major mobile providers offer pay as you go, you have to buy a dongle and then however much data you would need to cover your stay but I guess you could sell that on when you're done.

Where are the free hotspots in UK i know macdonalds in germany alows 1 hour for free

@ Rob, it would not supprise me with your computer skills that you use a spectrum! but i think pacman is a bit advanced for you!

If you had a few days i would have advised buying a HP laptop from Misco.co.uk. Personally i hate PC World almost as much as i hate Dell. But short term PC World would do...

If you only want internet for 1week, prob cheapest solution would be a pay as you go phone that you can used as a modem, as you wouldn't have a contract for 12monthss etc....

Good Luck and Enjoy your stay...