When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V3 insert mod

gioarmani

I am about to proceed to this operation but before I would like to know if you have already taken the bezel off and if it was easy and similar to other rlx reps.

Cheers

Has anyone done the spray-paint bezel insert mod on the V3? And if so, does the pearl need to be removed first to avoid a sloppy job?

hi guys,

here's what i did on my DSSD V3 insert;

first i bought a quart of white quick drying enamel paint and a loupe, then i pinched a little portion of a cigarette butt, just enough to make it pointy as a needle, using the loupe, i dipped the pointy butt to the paint and put it unto each marker on the insert.

i put paint on each marker one at a time, not painting the whole insert at once. just make sure you cover all the sides or edges of a single marker. don't mind the excess paint. after putting paint on each marker, leave it to dry for about 10 minutes. after 10 min, get a toothpick, again using the loupe, carefully scratch out the excess paint on each marker. you will notice that the paint you placed on each marker seems to engulf the whole side and leaving a hollow middle portion retaining the engraved look.

if you could carefully remove your insert and do the process on this link,

http://repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=...modifi cation

i suggest you do that, i think it would look much better.

i would also do the same spray paint job as soon as somebody post a thread on how to remove the bezel insert.

for now, i think what i did will do just fine for me.

thanks

goodluck

PIC_0045.jpg

PIC_0044.jpg