When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got my first reps!

Nightshade1

Well after floating around on this board for a number of months I finally took the plunge and ordered:

• Omega UPO Chrono, black dial, orange numbers, steel bracelet
  • Bell & Ross BR03-92 black with rubber strap

watches.jpg

I ordered them from Puretime and they came today. Took a bit longer than expected to arrive (17 days from payment to delivery) but arrived safe and sound by EMS and I'm REALLY happy. Being my first reps I wasn't sure what to expect but the quality and feel of them is nothing short of amazing! I love having the B&R as a stylish day-watch and the Omega for a smart night-watch.

Now please excuse a really stupid question but I need links taken out of the Omega to fit my wrist, and I'm not sure where to go. I don't want to take it to a cheap watch shop as I want my Omega(well, rep ^_^ ) handled carefully. But then I took it to a branch of Goldsmiths today, they said I had to leave it with them for the afternoon, I got a bit panicky and left with the watch as I realised they are an official Omega dealer, might they get funny about it being a rep? I imagine they'd be able to tell. Where's the best place to go?

I think using a 'cheap watch shop' will be fine. You might even want to tell them its a rep and ask them if they will work on it.

Absolutely, definately not the best idea to leave a rep with the AD at all..!

edit: Forgot to say, nice watches and good choices!

Congrats on the pieces. Those provide a good broad range of styles for good options. I can't say I'm a big B&R guy...but hey...

I do like the PO Chrono though. Impressive watch.

If it has screws...you can likely pick up a small set of screwdrivers on the web or from a specialty tool shop that carries precision tools (for the smaller size) and do it yourself...or go to any corner jeweller guy. They'll have better tools than you have now...and they'll be fine.

Congratz on your watches. My first rep was the Omega Po Chrono quartz, orange bezel. The Omega has been a great first rep. Very depenable and keeps very good time, great choice. As far as the BR, well like toad Im not a big fan, but hey ;) The thing I do want to say is be very careful with your bracelet. I runined mine. :black_eye: I remved the links from the lugs instead of the clasp. :bangin: If you feel comfortable doing it yourself, fine. If not, dont. I have talked to several members in the last month or so and they said they also had some diffuculty. The AD that I deal with is pretty friendly. When I went in to have my Pam bracelet sized I told him it was a gift. I said I doubt that my aunt would buy me a $7000.00 watch He smiled and said nothing else. I dont think most ADs realy mind doing small things, sizing, battery change, ect. It all depends on the AD and your approach. Some of these smaller mall watch repair shops are also good place to consider. Good luck with your new watches, wear them well :drinks: Mike

Thanks for the info guys. I think I will find a corner shop jeweller to do it for me as I don't have the tools.

One more thing. I noticed this morning that the date was set wrong, obviously still in China time and 12 hours out. So I unscrewed the crown, set the time forward 12 hours, the date changed to the correct date, but now I'm trying to screw the crown back in clockwise and i'm meeting some resistance and hear a winding noise - I daren't go any further - what could this be? Yesterday when I adjusted the time, it screwed back in no problem.

It's the Asian 7750 chrono movement btw.

Edited by Nightshade1

Ignore my last post - I managed to fix it - I just needed to push the crown in further before screwing it in. Better to be too careful with these things I guess. Want to treat it right! Going to find a jewellers later... can't wait to wear it :)

RE: The Bell & Ross - yes agree it's probably not to everyone's tastes, but i'm a graphic designer, so suits me quite well. Think the Omega for the day time is a bit OTT imo.

Edited by Nightshade1

Wonderfull watches *envious* :) I am waiting for my SMP 300m Chrono from Joshua at the moment. Cant wait! Next rep purchase will be a U-Boat Thousands of feet with the Unitas 6497 Manual Handwind Movt :)

post-21269-1237548975_thumb.jpg

post-21269-1237549015_thumb.jpg

Im glad your BR seems 2 b ok. I just received my first 7750 movement. I was told to be very gentle with the crown. I hate to change the time or date, In fear of damaging the stem. I guess It's better to be safe then sorry. Take some wrist shots when your bracelet is resized. Good luck :) Mike

Wonderfull watches *envious* :) I am waiting for my SMP 300m Chrono from Joshua at the moment. Cant wait! Next rep purchase will be a U-Boat Thousands of feet with the Unitas 6497 Manual Handwind Movt :)

The SMP Chrono is amazing...one of my fave watches of all time.

For both you and the original poster...read the links in my Noob Guide linked in my signature for info on taking care of your mechanical watch...date setting warnings, etc.

Have fun, congrats, and welcome aboard.

Like the original poster I didn't own the tools and was in a rush to get my PO on my wrist asap. I went to a mall jeweler and he got it to the right size. I ordered a loupe (get the head-mounted binoculars instead so you can use both hands!) and the plastic screw-style pin pushing tool as well.

The mall guy took links out of both sides until the circumference was correct, which doesn't really make the watch fit (and he was oblivious to the half-link). When my tools arrived I actually added a link and a half to one side and removed an extra link from the other side so the case sits on my wrist correctly. The tools are worth getting since someone in the house will always have a watch that needs sized.

Well I found a cheap jewellers and had the links removed. I told him it was a rep, and did he mind working on it... did he heck. It feels great on :) Great weight to it. Much more of a sense of occasion wearing it than the B&R. Overall i'm very very happy with the watch. The only thing that bugs me is the orange numbers on the face don't look as 'bright' an orange as I remember the gen looking. I am going to stop by an AD and check out a gen to compare. If you look at this pic you see what I mean. But it's only a minor thing.

2210.51.00.jpg

Since wearing the Omega is has got very noisy :( I can feel the watch vibrate as the rotor spins too. And if I shake the watch up, hang it by its strap, the watch jiggles around as the rotor spins.

Also the watch stopped last night after leaving it for 5 hours. I only wore it for a few hours yesterday but am sure this should happen. I'm not sure if the two are related.

What's going on?! :cry2:

Since wearing the Omega is has got very noisy :( I can feel the watch vibrate as the rotor spins too. And if I shake the watch up, hang it by its strap, the watch jiggles around as the rotor spins.

Also the watch stopped last night after leaving it for 5 hours. I only wore it for a few hours yesterday but am sure this should happen. I'm not sure if the two are related.

What's going on?! :cry2:

The rotor is generally noisy on the A7750 movements...that is common. A full servicing or even just lubing the rotor has been known to quiet it down. Read the noisy rotor posts in the Noob Guide linked in my signature. If you only wore the watch for a couple hours...it's possible it might only run for 5 hours...depending on how much arm movement you had. With a full charge (e.g. a full day of active wear), the watch should run for 20hrs on the low end, to 40 hours on the high end.

OH...and if you swirl the watch in the right fashion off the wrist with enough spin, it's not uncommon to watch the whole watch vibrate like a washing machine during spin cycle.

The rotor is generally noisy on the A7750 movements...that is common. A full servicing or even just lubing the rotor has been known to quiet it down. Read the noisy rotor posts in the Noob Guide linked in my signature. If you only wore the watch for a couple hours...it's possible it might only run for 5 hours...depending on how much arm movement you had. With a full charge (e.g. a full day of active wear), the watch should run for 20hrs on the low end, to 40 hours on the high end.

OH...and if you swirl the watch in the right fashion off the wrist with enough spin, it's not uncommon to watch the whole watch vibrate like a washing machine during spin cycle.

Ok looks like I just need to get it lubed then. And also get an auto watch winder. Phew I thought the watch was dying on me already!

Where's a good place to get a nice watch winder? I've been looking on Ebay but there sure is some cheap looking tat on there!