When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replica report.

Ian C.

So he feels like a mug 'eh. I say he should enjoy those two reps until they die, which may take as long as the real deal to die, who knows. I know, counterfeiting is wrong, well understood, but when the gen maker charges its customers $6k for a watch that probably costs no more than a couple hundred to make while the rep maker charges $200 for a watch that probably costs $20 to produce, and the rep performs and looks much the same, tell me, who's screwin' who? I know, Iknow, advertising, dealer markup and all pushed up the price, I guess the father I go, the more problems I have with what some gen makers charge their customers based on the name on the dial, and that folks will pay it. I wish I had the cash for more gens, but I'll tell ya, it would be much more of the obscure vintage peices and a lot of Seiko going into the collection these days.

Interesting read indeed.

Cheers B)

Interesting read indeed, probably nothing we all didn't already know though.

I would have to agree with Rolex replicas originally boosting the companies status as a household name, however I'm sure these days with rep's that are extremely close it probably doesn't do them any good...