When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

You people s*ck!

asciwhite

Hehe. Not in a bad way!

You have infected me with watch madness, have been here for just a few days and already I am emtying my bank account. Ordered a quartz SMP 300m *noobie mistake* Then I ordered a SMP 300m "upgraded 2008 model" A7750.

Now I have bought watch repair kit from eBay, watch winder, magnifing station and all kinds of stuff. I am actually on the way to buy a quartz THCarerra *With same case and bracelet as the A7750" Just want the quarts for minimal hazzle for daily wear. The A7750 will be in the winder fro occasions.

Well!! I am on my way to falling head first into this world, and I think I like it :)

Been reading about 21j movements A7750, Unitas, quartz, torbillon and so on for days on end. Cant wait to get my clammy hands on the reps. I have a couple of bad reps lying around that I will gut and se whats going on inside.. I actually think I have a Breitling fantasy watch with 21j automatic im gonna "kill" The other one is a Breitling Navitimer with quartz *So no bother in opening that, other than to see what makes it "tick"

So thanks in indroducing me into this expensive wonderful world guys.

The most weird thing is that I am disabled *not in a wheelchair* and sitting around at home all the time so I really have nowhere to go at certain times. So in theory I would not even need a watch!!

The most weird thing is that I am disabled *not in a wheelchair* and sitting around at home all the time so I really have nowhere to go at certain times. So in theory I would not even need a watch!!

Hi Asci

Most people here get those watches for the sake of their beauty, not to show off really. To tell the time you can use your mobile phone, nobody really NEEDS a mechanic timepiece. We don't need, we crave.

That aside you will meet wonderful and highly competent people here.

Welcome to this very special place.

Yours kindly

Valerian

Hehe. Not in a bad way!

You have infected me with watch madness, have been here for just a few days and already I am emtying my bank account. Ordered a quartz SMP 300m *noobie mistake* Then I ordered a SMP 300m "upgraded 2008 model" A7750.

Now I have bought watch repair kit from eBay, watch winder, magnifing station and all kinds of stuff. I am actually on the way to buy a quartz THCarerra *With same case and bracelet as the A7750" Just want the quarts for minimal hazzle for daily wear. The A7750 will be in the winder fro occasions.

Well!! I am on my way to falling head first into this world, and I think I like it :)

Been reading about 21j movements A7750, Unitas, quartz, torbillon and so on for days on end. Cant wait to get my clammy hands on the reps. I have a couple of bad reps lying around that I will gut and se whats going on inside.. I actually think I have a Breitling fantasy watch with 21j automatic im gonna "kill" The other one is a Breitling Navitimer with quartz *So no bother in opening that, other than to see what makes it "tick"

So thanks in indroducing me into this expensive wonderful world guys.

I bought the SMP 300M Chrono "Red" with the Asian Valjoux 7750 and i absoutely love it. Good choice.

Brian

ps. the watch is a man's jewlery, so buy as many as you want. I look at my wife's jewelry box and am justified in getting that new SSD!!

Yo!

Ordered a quartz SMP 300m *noobie mistake*

Not really as you can indeed source that genuine in 'quartz', altho' yes, many here regard those engines as 'souless'. However you can rest assured if any of them have jobs or incomes that rely on they're being on time? Quartz is the way to go..............now if you had bought a quartz Submariner? Definate *noobie mistake*.

Then I ordered a SMP 300m "upgraded 2008 model" A7750.

Yeah, a cooler watch, a better way to go............

I really have nowhere to go at certain times. So in theory I would not even need a watch!!

It really has nothing to do with tracking 'time' per se`. It's all about the chicks man. Chicks dig sport watches. Expensive sport watches.

We all have been there my friend. What starts out as a harmless little hobby can soon turn into a raging OBSESSION :Jumpy: There are days when Im at RWG for hours. When Im not here Im looking at some watch I want to buy. I for one dont mind a good quartz. My Omega PO quartz is a great everyday run around watch. It keeps near perfect time. I know that there is something special about the mechanical watch. I have two now, looking for my third. :sweatdrop: Obsession? nawwwww :D Mike

Nothing wrong with quartz. Quite a few real nice gens are available in quartz. Some only in quartz.

Welcome to the madness. As stated above, it only gets worse mate. You may want to take the timezone watch makeing course to put those tools to good use.

Regards, Col.

once getting involved, I became "wallet disabled" with a heavy pocket disease... so welcome around to madness!

now you'll find peekin' on everyone else's wrist as a degenerate... just like peekin' upskirt and downblouses... obscene degenerate!