When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Good Quartz Reproductions

Maxim

This is a thread into an area not ventured by many people. Most modern manufacturers prefer to stick to automatic movements, so having acquired a 7750 movement, as well as ETA and 21j Autos, the space in the winder is getting limited.

I have tried to scower my way through the replica kingdom for good quartz reproductions and all that appears to be visible is the knock-off reproductions of automatic reproductions of automatic models.

The only good quartz reps I have seen are the Indy 500 and the Tag F1. I am looking for a good quartz beater, and looking for any advice.

I know that Rolex released Quartz models previously, are there any others which are available?

All the best :)

This is a thread into an area not ventured by many people. Most modern manufacturers prefer to stick to automatic movements, so having acquired a 7750 movement, as well as ETA and 21j Autos, the space in the winder is getting limited.

I have tried to scower my way through the replica kingdom for good quartz reproductions and all that appears to be visible is the knock-off reproductions of automatic reproductions of automatic models.

The only good quartz reps I have seen are the Indy 500 and the Tag F1. I am looking for a good quartz beater, and looking for any advice.

I know that Rolex released Quartz models previously, are there any others which are available?

All the best :)

Check out www.watcheden.com Look at the Graham Chronodiver quartz, Oris Coste Decoste Quartz, Tag Heur Tigerwoods etc. many more. Reliable movement.

wont quartz reps lack a sweeping second hand, though, making it a dead giveaway?

This is true but does anyone realy care/notice? Example.... When was the last time someone looked at your watch and questioned the movement? The truth of it is 99% of the general public could care less about someones watch. This has been my experence. The few who you might run into who like watches probably know nothing or very little about movements. Remember that this community makes up only a small part of are socitey as a whole. Most people that I know wear a watch for one reason, to tell them the time of day. Some use there dam cell phone. I dont think It will ever happen but lets say someone looks at my watch and says " Ohhhh thats a quartz, must be a fake" My reply would be " Indeed it is, thank you very much" ;) I have never had someone question the authenticity of my watch. Im not saying that could not happen. But the chances are astronomical. I like my quartz watches as I like my automatic/self winders. I say " if you like the watch, get it", no one's going to realy care/notice. Imho :) Mike

Go to Trusty's site and type in the word "quartz" in the search field. You'll end up with over 600 watches to look at.

I have two quartz reps, only because they have no seconds hands so the rep can pull it off.

The only quartz I would mildly think of is the Omega Seamaster Pro. But there is an automatic version of this.