When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Using a high quality rep in Italy

Lucas

Hi guys,

I am going to Italy on Thursday morning a thought occured to me; They are quite tight in Italy on the laws on copies. Browsing some articles I saw that fines have been given to tourists in the amounts 3.500 EUR to 10.000 EUR.

I can understand they can grab a guy with a poor rep, since its easily spotted. But with the kind of rep we buy here, do you still think its a chance for me to get caught? Should I leave me reps at home. Any advice is appriciated guys.

Cheers

Luc

I'm no Italian but have been traveling quite some times to Milan; both the Rollie Sub and IWC GST Chrono did not raise any issues although they did spot the special can-of-coca-cola I tried to put in my luggage as I was supporting Coca Cola for a project at that time. The can went straight into the trash....

Dont worry.. I bealive in Italy there r as many replica "factoryes" as in China... and u can see at any corner brand articles (expecially clothes and accessories fashion) to be sold in the streets

Just my 2 cents, if u dont want to be spotted dont wear a Rolex, at least in rome it seems to me any 10 person 2 wears an original one (not to count the ones with a rep).. if I was u i was wearing a Pam.. more rare to be see sofor harder to be spotted

Hv a good stay in italy, and if u happen to visit rome dont miss Galleria Borghese Museum (u hv to reserve a visit throught them website) which is absolutely unmissable (filled by marvellous bernini masterpieces)

Hi guys,

I am going to Italy on Thursday morning a thought occured to me; They are quite tight in Italy on the laws on copies. Browsing some articles I saw that fines have been given to tourists in the amounts 3.500 EUR to 10.000 EUR.

I can understand they can grab a guy with a poor rep, since its easily spotted. But with the kind of rep we buy here, do you still think its a chance for me to get caught? Should I leave me reps at home. Any advice is appriciated guys.

Cheers

Luc

Dont worry.. I bealive in Italy there r as many replica "factoryes" as in China... and u can see at any corner brand articles (expecially clothes and accessories fashion) to be sold in the streets

Just my 2 cents, if u dont want to be spotted dont wear a Rolex, at least in rome it seems to me any 10 person 2 wears an original one (not to count the ones with a rep).. if I was u i was wearing a Pam.. more rare to be see sofor harder to be spotted

Hv a good stay in italy, and if u happen to visit rome dont miss Galleria Borghese Museum (u hv to reserve a visit throught them website) which is absolutely unmissable (filled by marvellous bernini masterpieces)

Italy has as many Rep factories as China. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOkkkkkkkkkkkkkk????? :huh:

So you think everybody who gets on a plan to fly to another country brings all of there watch papers just in case customs thinks the watch on your wrist is fake..!!

Dont be ridiculous... i would understand you concern if you had 20 of them in your luggage... But just one watch on your wrist no worrys..!

:p :p

What you see for sale in Italy is made in China. They would prefer you to believe it's not, however.