When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

T-O-G

Watchwatcher

DateJust TOG

The DJ TOG represents a reintroduction of a famous model first introduced in 1953, but discontinued in the early 60s, which featured a black rotating bezel and depth rated to 50m. (see pic below)

6468-5806.jpg

R**** has also offered a customized DJ with numbered rotatable "thunderbird" bezel (similar appearing to a YM bezel) for several years.

In 1993/94, the company reintroduced the TOG style as a new standard offering in its DJ line.

Specs:

Model: S/S DJ TOG

Source: River

Diameter: 36mm

Gen Model ref.: 116264

Bracelet: S/S Jubilee - solid center & end links.

Featuring: rotatable fluted T-O-G bezel and engraved inner bezel (rehaut); red date, red text on the dial & the red sweep hand.

Movement: advertized by River as ETA. and we have opened it to confirm the movement to be a 2836; the secondhand sweep action is smooth and the watch keeps perfect time.

On the gen--what you cannot see is the new method by which the bezel is located, rather than the old system of a pressure spring & a ratcheted cross section; the new system has 4 sprung ball bearings in a channel. It is designed to be much more smooth turning and to provide longer term reliability.

Here are the pics of the rep (click on pic for closeup view):

6468-5807.jpg

6468-5808.jpg

6468-5809.jpg

6468-5810.jpg

6468-5811.jpg

6468-5812.jpg

No, the size is just fine.

I'm a big by guy size-wise but I don't need anything bigger than my DateJust. Mine even has a non-flashy leather band.

But I like that Jubilee band a lot!

Had one many years ago. Maybe time to get one again!

Thanks for sharing.

Carl

• 1 year later...

I actually saw the infamous 6200 in person the other day. Cool sh*t!! It was hidden amongst the cheesy array of golden old-dirty-man datejusts/presidents at my local Tourneau.

It was a cute little thing. It was a shame for the watch to have been flanked by such grotesque watches. I have a feeling that it will remain overlooked for a long time. Maybe that's a good thing since they were asking WAY too much for it.

237776-10756.jpg

PS. I should mention that they also had a gorgeous Benrus Sky Chief buried amongst those caca golden presidents. A real war veteran that looked to be in excellent (for its age) shape. Nice original incarnation of the supreme Venus 178. Pity that they wanted $7000 for it. Idiots.

237776-10757.jpg