When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Alert to all Blacksteel owners

Guru1

Rhack1: Rodico is Jewelers blu tac. It is used for holding small parts for positioning and removeing dust from dials plus many other things.

BTW, for those who do not know acatone is a solvent for supa glue, cured or not. If you manage to stick a bezel carefull application of acatone will cure the problem. Just don't get it on anything likely to "melt".

Col.

Loose bezel screws has always been a problem with Breitling reps. Several years ago it was the Chrono Avenger and others have noted losses in the past on others. All are wise to fully inspect their watches as soon as they are received and use loc-tite on them if they are loose.

Same can be said for bracelet screws. This is just part of the rep protection/maintenance program all should be routinely doing to insure at least the simple stuff doesn't catch us off guard.

Usil

I've been trying to remove my screws without much success.

Ductape only got one out . I don't have access to radico, so I can't try that.

This is the solution that i came up with.

Square off the end of a toothpick with a scalpel and apply a dab from a hot gluegun onto the end.

Push it onto the head of the screw and allow to cool . Gently pull out screw from bezel.

The screw can then be pulled away from the glue which leaves no residue on the screw or bezel . Completely clean. :clap:

post-20876-1239184296_thumb.png