When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

strap/case problems

bluerex

Hi Fellas,

I have bought a Pam from Josh and have modded it. Zack (Red12) has built 2 beautiful straps for me. The combo looks great but the strap keep rubbing on the case and is getting scratched up. <_<

Is there anything I can do about this?

I have been looking at wristshots here on the forum and it doesnt look like many people are experiencing the same problem. How do you guys do it?

Most Pam straps are quite thick and I wouldnt say mine is thicker than other straps..

Do you somehow sand the case back?

Thanks for your help, in advance.

Edited by bluerex

Try taking the tubes out if there are any.It happens lugs too short, no notch and thick straps equalsWorn bits.I think you either have to buy anothe Pam to fit the straps andAnother strap to fit the Pam you've already got.You could source another case if yours do not have the notch.Not the answer you want sorryA few of mine have the same issueOvertime it will wear smooth and become less obvious.

Hi Fellas, I have bought a Pam from Josh and have modded it. Zack (Red12) has built 2 beautiful straps for me. The combo looks great but the strap keep rubbing on the case and is getting scratched up. <_< Is there anything I can do about this? I have been looking at wristshots here on the forum and it doesnt look like many people are experiencing the same problem. How do you guys do it? Most Pam straps are quite thick and I wouldnt say mine is thicker than other straps.. Do you somehow sand the case back? Thanks for your help, in advance.

You can not do anything and maintain the integrity of the strap. I make custom straps and if Zack used 2-3mm leather, it will do this if you do not remove material at the case connection point. I dont presume to say how he made his but I have made a few straps that have this problem and bought several that have had this issue. Common on the thicker straps. You can try and remove the tubes as mentioned to allow the leather to flex more but that's just about it without trimming material.

Let me know if you want straps that do not have this issue and I'll whip up a couple for you.

Hi Fellas,

I have bought a Pam from Josh and have modded it. Zack (Red12) has built 2 beautiful straps for me. The combo looks great but the strap keep rubbing on the case and is getting scratched up. <_<

Is there anything I can do about this?

I have been looking at wristshots here on the forum and it doesnt look like many people are experiencing the same problem. How do you guys do it?

Most Pam straps are quite thick and I wouldnt say mine is thicker than other straps..

Do you somehow sand the case back?

Thanks for your help, in advance.

Try taking the tubes out if there are any.It happens lugs too short, no notch and thick straps equalsWorn bits.I think you either have to buy anothe Pam to fit the straps andAnother strap to fit the Pam you've already got.You could source another case if yours do not have the notch.Not the answer you want sorryA few of mine have the same issueOvertime it will wear smooth and become less obvious.

Hi, the tubes have already been taken out - woth tubes the rubbing is a lot worse.

I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say "no notch on the case".. can you please clarify this.

Thanks Stormtrooper

You can not do anything and maintain the integrity of the strap. I make custom straps and if Zack used 2-3mm leather, it will do this if you do not remove material at the case connection point. I dont presume to say how he made his but I have made a few straps that have this problem and bought several that have had this issue. Common on the thicker straps. You can try and remove the tubes as mentioned to allow the leather to flex more but that's just about it without trimming material.

Let me know if you want straps that do not have this issue and I'll whip up a couple for you.

Hi mate. The tubes are already out..

So the material needed to be trimmed on the inside of the loop (through which the bar screws to the case) at the time the strap was being made? Can this be somehow fixed at this stage? Can I use some tool to trip the insude of the loop to make the conncetion point thinner?

Many thanks.

Hi, the tubes have already been taken out - woth tubes the rubbing is a lot worse.

I am not sure I understand what you mean when you say "no notch on the case".. can you please clarify this.

Thanks Stormtrooper

Where the strap is being rubbed on the case is there an indentation a sort of thumb like mark, if there is then I think there really is nothing you can do really. But different cases act in different ways and have really small size differences I have the same issue with some straps on some cases and if i move the strap to another case its fine and they really do look the same.

Sorry I don't have photos but when you see the notch you'll know what i mean

ST4

Yes. Once the strap is made, you do not want to trim on the outside. You can try and get a rotozip or a dremel with a very small abrasive bit and "drill" against the section that butts the case, or manually you can use a jewelers file to work the inside down. It will take a bit of patience not to mess up the ends.

Let us know...

Hi mate. The tubes are already out..

So the material needed to be trimmed on the inside of the loop (through which the bar screws to the case) at the time the strap was being made? Can this be somehow fixed at this stage? Can I use some tool to trip the insude of the loop to make the conncetion point thinner?

Many thanks.

Yes. Once the strap is made, you do not want to trim on the outside. You can try and get a rotozip or a dremel with a very small abrasive bit and "drill" against the section that butts the case, or manually you can use a jewelers file to work the inside down. It will take a bit of patience not to mess up the ends.

Let us know...

I will try to work the inside down a little and will see if that works.

Thanks for the reply, mate.

i buy only straps with an overall thickness of 3,5 - 3,8 mm.

for some strap styles is a custom-order necessary.

the thickness of the lug-end ( around the steel-tube ) should not be more than 1,5 - 1,7 mm.

then you have a very good distance to the pam case.

rolli