When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How long do you wait till you think a deal has gone sour and what to do next?

Prsist

I have a current deal that might be going sour. Never had one before. How long do you give the dealer to get back to you? Call your credit card company and try and report fraud? Looking for a bit of advice. I dealt with this dealer before and had a perfect transaction so I'm a little confused. Excellent communication and received the watch in 10 days. I could very well be paranoid, but this deal isn't going as smooth.

For 1 of the Collectors, 10 days is too soon to be worrying/complaining. I would give them at least 3 full weeks (usually 4) before I send out the slings & arrows (or start seriously worrying). I would also limit your emails to no more than 1 per a 2-week period. More than that & you are likely to appear as a pest. Remember, the dealers have lives too.

Which dealer & how long since you last received a communique from him?

This is probably one of the easiest games to get paranoid. If the collector has a good reputation, I agree with freddy333. If they've been doing it for a while, I can understand that it could get a little tiresome to answer all the concerned emails they must get. In a perfect world it would be nice if they treated every customer like it was their first and only, but it sometimes seems that once the money is in their hands, customer service can take a back seat. Mostly because the transaction is in motion and they know that things will be fine. Relax and find something else to take your mind off of things, then enjoy the surprise when it finally does show up in the mail. :)

Can I bury my head in the sand. Must repeat over and over: Newbie relax, newbie relax. See what this hobbie (obsession) does to an already unbalanced bloak?!

The waiting is hard. The best solution is to order a lot more...so you lose track of what is supposed to come in and when. ;)

I had one order from another member on the board that took months! I never worried as I knew the member was a stand up guy...and it ended up he was asking me if I had received the item because he had not heard from me. I told him it had not arrived...and a week later it did. Some times the post is slow...sometimes its fast. In this case we agreed on cheap slow shipping from Australia to Canada...apparently...this was literally on the slow boat.

I know how you feel Prsist. I was waiting on a watch about six weeks ago. After 15 days had passed I sent my dealer a message. He said that after the watch is sent he has no control on the shiping time. He said to relax and that it would arrive soon. I thanked him for his reply and told him I would let him know when I got the watch. It was the next day. The funny thing is I was going to wait one more day before I sent him a message :bangin: The next watch arrived in 8 days. I guess you never know. Let us know when your watch arrives. Some wrist shots might be nice :) Mike

relax buddy, u got nothin to worry about

at least not yet! u need to give it some more time, like i told u, ur in safe hands, u did not deal with a scammed

hope it gets to u soon, so u can stop shaking!!

It's all good. Just got an email. Boy, do I feel like a j*****s!

UPDATE: payment went through. Paranoia is a b***h

Same thing happen to me. I had payed for a watch that I did not have. I received the watch three days later. Relax it will be fine. Easy for me to say, right? ;) Dont foeget those wristies :D Mike