When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new 112

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

It's been a while since I bought my last PAM. There was a moment in my life where I got really crazy about them and got most of coolest ones including Honpo 187, 2893 029, 196, some 111s, 127s, 217s, a 050, 051 etc etc but then some other nicely repped brands got my attention.

Yesterday I finally got something new and it happens to be a PAM :)

Below you can find some quick dirty pics of new arrival:

51537111.jpg

45991861.jpg

79642432.jpg

91546894.jpg

19833506.jpg

So what do you think? Acceptable?

Damn those MBWs are really nice! :) :)

Guest Sql_pl

Thanks for all your comments guys.

Yes, it is gen.

Bought it second hand from a guy who never actually wore it, just bought it last year at Wempe and kept it in his safe.

Now he is raising funds for 127 so this one had to go.

I was unsure if I really want it as I have read a lot about rep owners getting gen PAMs and their comment was that the difference is not that big.

Well I have to say quite the opposite. The attention to details, the finish of the movement, even the CG lever with its "circular thing" at the very end of it that rotates when it touches the crown so there is no metal to metal rubbing... wow.

And the lume....

I am in love. :)

Will post more pics tomorrow :)

All of a sudden I am on gen buying frenzy... and guess what? There is another one on the way as I type this :) :) :)

I love the pre-H movement design!

Yeah, me too. I dunno why Panerai when away from the "graffiti" decoration.

I don't know what gen owners said the difference wasn't very big, but it certainly wasn't me! :D

Does the difference justify the difference in MSRP? That's another question all together...

Guest Sql_pl
Yeah, me too. I dunno why Panerai when away from the "graffiti" decoration.

I don't know what gen owners said the difference wasn't very big, but it certainly wasn't me! :D

Does the difference justify the difference in MSRP? That's another question all together...

But the new one looks great when the light hits it from a good angle - the cotes de geneve looks really outstanding and shiny.

What also is often hard to see in pictures is that the movement underneath the bridges is engine-turned - this looks amazing as well in person!

Does your pre-H have such engine turned finish too?