When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex riveted bracelet ?

dippy

I don't know about the quality of this, though it looks good to me. Of all the bracelets made, this is one of my all time favorites...

Riveted.jpg

I've been told that those found on iOffer were not very reliable. Hopefully this is better than that. As far as adjusting the bracelet to fit, the only thing I can think of is to either drink more or less water... :p

Riveted rep bracelets are crap (when they work, which is not often) & you resize (in theory) by either moving the pin in the clasp to another hole or, if that does not provide enough latitude, by unscrewing the screws near the clasp, remove links & reassemble.

While the theory is simple, the reality is often anything but. These bracelets are usually assembled with stripped or broken screws & other parts that do not fit correctly. If you are able to get the screws out, you may not be able to get them back in. I always toss these bracelets in the rubbish & replace them with just about anything else.

Thanks guys!

I figured it would be a pain.............

I don't see the screws that you are referring to though Freddy. I'm fairly certain the fine adustment on the clasp will not be enough.

Probably, I'll just mount it on a vintage Jubilee, thats my favorite anyways.

Anyone know where to source the old style Jubilee?????? B)

I got this from Joshua for the bracelet and date wheel and other parts.. it cost a little more , it has the eta 2836 and the gmt hand does move independantly.. Idon't know about the one yuour looking at..

I love the riveted bracelet on my Tudor 7032 from Phong.. but his frankens are pricey.. his is the spring loaded riveted bracelt.. the links stretch open.. very cool .. I believe he sells them seperately but the cost is high..

check this .. I got this one.. and the DW is open 6 unlike the pic here..

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlgv10011-vintage-b...362-p-4137.html

Aloha

L

I got this from Joshua for the bracelet and date wheel and other parts.. it cost a little more , it has the eta 2836 and the gmt hand does move independantly.. Idon't know about the one yuour looking at..

I love the riveted bracelet on my Tudor 7032 from Phong.. but his frankens are pricey.. his is the spring loaded riveted bracelt.. the links stretch open.. very cool .. I believe he sells them seperately but the cost is high..

check this .. I got this one.. and the DW is open 6 unlike the pic here..

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlgv10011-vintage-b...362-p-4137.html

Aloha

L

I seriously contemplated purchasing that very item. The closed 6 and lack of date mag turned me away though. I'll email Josh and see if he carries the one you describe............

FWIW I have a rep rivetted bracelet on my MBW 1665 DRSD. I had to resize it by taking out a couple of links (using the screws) this was no problem at all and I have been enjoying the watch with said bracelet for over a year now.

Having said that I had another rivetted bracelet that was a real pain in the a**e and I also threw it away just like Freddy333. I can only conclude that it is a lottery. Some good, some bad.

Hope this helps - but I know it doesn't really ;)

I agree with the remarks on the rivetted bracelets. I have two and yes, they are both lottery and pain.

Sillix sells the rivetted strap separately

http://www.silix-prime.com/class.asp?aid=120&nid=575

He also used to carry the old-style jubilee, though it's not on his site anymore.