When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need Genuine Datewheel for 1570

cib0rgman

I have a silver one on my watch with the Flat top 3 and open 6 but I am thinking is not the right one. sometimes the date number is to the left, way too up. but never center. I can also see the border of the date disc if I look in an angle. Maybe I just need a new Dial.

Any thoughts?

I have a silver one on my watch with the Flat top 3 and open 6 but I am thinking is not the right one. sometimes the date number is to the left, way too up. but never center. I can also see the border of the date disc if I look in an angle. Maybe I just need a new Dial.

Any thoughts?

Is your date disc gen? Varying date locations sounds like 1 of Mr. Slimeball's 'You Will Not Be Able To Tell The Difference From The Original' discs. These contain any of the following - incorrect font, incorrect placement of said font on disc or incorrectly shaped teeth of disc (which causes the disc to stop in between some dates).

If you can see the edge of the disc, your dial window may be cut incorrectly in the dial.

My dial is a MBW and the date wheel actually is old it has some minor stains.

If the dial is MBW, I would assume the movement & datewheel are also MBW. Most MBW dates are pretty well centered, at least when new. However, they rely on datewheel overlays (thin metal plates containing the Rolex-style fonts which are glued on top of the original ETA datewheel) & these tend to shift &/or come loose over time. So your overlay may have simply shifted off-center. The only way to tell for sure is to remove the movement, remove the dial & hands & check the datewheel &/or reglue the overlay in the correct position. Then reassemble.

If the dial is MBW, I would assume the movement & datewheel are also MBW. Most MBW dates are pretty well centered, at least when new. However, they rely on datewheel overlays (thin metal plates containing the Rolex-style fonts which are glued on top of the original ETA datewheel) & these tend to shift &/or come loose over time. So your overlay may have simply shifted off-center. The only way to tell for sure is to remove the movement, remove the dial & hands & check the datewheel &/or reglue the overlay in the correct position. Then reassemble.

Freddy333,

I have the watch put together by The Zigmeister using Gen parts, the movement was bought on Ebay in 2007.

I have the following.

Gen movement 1570

93150 Gen bracelet

Helen wong's insert

MBW case

580 endlinks

Gen tropic

MBW dial

Clarks Hands

Gen springbar

Ofrei Pearl

Gen Tube and Crown

the watch is the on my avatar. let take a picture later to show you how does it look

1665017.th.jpg

regards

Either you have an aftermarket date disc &/or the date window in your dial was cut off-center. If your date disc is gen, I would point the finger at the dial, which, if MBW, was made to fit an ETA date (which resides about 1mm west of where Rolex places it). Gens or gen movements with dials made to fit gen movements should be close to dead center on all dates

110151.jpg

Freddy Now that I see your watch and today is the 11 i can compare with mine definitely is the dial here is the picture.

1665.th.jpg

Can you tell how to make my picture bigger here. Sorry about the poor quality my camera sucks, I really use my watch as a tool watch as you can see. there are scars to prove it. I also took it down to 100 feet last summer.

Freddy Now that I see your watch and today is the 11 i can compare with mine definitely is the dial here is the picture.

Can you tell how to make my picture bigger here.

Yes, it looks like your dial's date window was cut to fit an ETA, which would account for the date being off-center. A dial made to fit a Rolex 1570 should fix the problem.

To post a larger image (I would go no larger than 1024x768), click the 'Insert Image' icon in the RWG editor & copy the link from your imageshack page into it. Do not use the 'Insert Link' icon (that is for posting URLs). This is what it should look like

1665.jpg

It is off center, but not that extreme.

From my experience, a couple things come to mind.

Is the dial glued or taped to the movement? If so, it may have shifted over time. Also, how does the movement fit the case? If the case opening is even slightly too big for the movement, the pressure of the spring in the crown can push the movement to the left.

Just a couple of things to look at before buying a new dial.