When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mbw 1665 Meets Tw Classic 16610

Jetsons

Nice looking couple. :)

98143-26858.jpg

This is my old trusty TW classic which has been terrific. The thick case, deep set dial, thick crystal, correct date mag plus correct cyclops placement are its strongest suit.

98143-26859.jpg

The MBW 1665 as can be seen in the photos below, has a massive case even compared to the not so wimpy TW. Add the T-39 Superdome to the package and it is a very distinctive & beautiful piece.

98143-26860.jpg

T-39 compared to the flat top of the TW. Well, it's not really much of a comparison. :)

98143-26861.jpg

A tasty sandwich. :lol:

98143-26862.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Jet

Edited by Jetsons

Thanks for the compliments, guys. :)

Bytor, it is a great case. I would love to see the 14060 with this case. With an accurate dial, that would be one sweet watch. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

mikellem, you're very welcome & glad it was of some help to you. :) These type comparisons are fun. I may do another comparing a bone stock MBW 1665 to the modified version.

Cheers,

Jet

• 1 month later...

121165-21570.jpg

This is my old trusty TW classic which has been terrific. The thick case, deep set dial, thick crystal, correct date mag plus correct cyclops placement are its strongest suit.

121165-21571.jpg

The MBW 1665 as can be seen in the photos below, has a massive case even compared to the not so wimpy TW. Add the T-39 Superdome to the package and it is a very distinctive & beautiful piece.

121165-21572.jpg

T-39 compared to the flat top of the TW. Well, it's not really much of a comparison. :)

121165-21573.jpg

121165-21574.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Jet

Sir, I beg your perdon for my ignorance but I not undestand "trusty TW "

Is it a replica buyed from Trustytime"? Is other ? Thanks

Sir, I beg your perdon for my ignorance but I not undestand "trusty TW "

Is it a replica buyed from Trustytime"? Is other ? Thanks

Fellfell, this is what is called the Taiwan best case 16610 which is deeper than the standard CN plus has the correct cyclops position. From what I hear, this older case is no longer in production. I believe EL offered his last piece for sale recently.

By "trusty" I was making reference to a reliable time keeper. :)

Jet

Where do you get these TW classics? Has it been modded or did you purchase it that way?

121707-21457.jpg

121707-21458.jpg

121707-21459.jpg

121707-21460.jpg

121707-21461.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

Jet

Thanks for the compliment, Tribal. Very much appreciated!

These two aren't going anywhere. It took a quite a bit of effort & lots of help from friends to get these two guys to look they way they do. :)

DWSmoot, as I mentioned above, the classic Taiwan best case is no longer manufactured. You might contact EL and to see if any can be sourced. There are others that look very good as a platform for mods.

The TW 16610 had the side case holes & bracelet drilled to accept 2mm spring bars, case nicely polished and OEM insert installed. There are acouple of additional improvements that I would like to do but all in good time. :)

Beautiful watches...nice work!

Thanks for the info on TW...

DW

Thanks for the compliment, Tribal. Very much appreciated!

These two aren't going anywhere. It took a quite a bit of effort & lots of help from friends to get these two guys to look they way they do. :)

DWSmoot, as I mentioned above, the classic Taiwan best case is no longer manufactured. You might contact EL and to see if any can be sourced. There are others that look very good as a platform for mods.

The TW 16610 had the side case holes & bracelet drilled to accept 2mm spring bars, case nicely polished and OEM insert installed. There are acouple of additional improvements that I would like to do but all in good time. :)