When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Royal Oak Offshore, secs@12

I purchased this sweet black dial AP from forum member mwee, having sold my previous AP, only to regret it! Thanks very much mwee, he is a great guy to deal with! ^_^

I have installed an APbands strap, an unusual strap, but great quality and only $59! You can find it here: http://apbands.com/shop/merchant.mvc?Scree...Product_Count=2

It is a grain effect rubber strap, with folded edges and leather underside, very comfortable. I also used an AP buckle from Puretime, it is so much nicer than the flimsy deployant buckle, although the strap is 2mm or so too small for it, it does not bother me....

Here are some pictures, judge for yourself! Keep clicking to expand!

dsc02284a.th.jpgdsc02286yva.th.jpgdsc02287g.th.jpgdsc02288c.th.jpg

dsc02289i.th.jpgdsc02290vtl.th.jpgdsc02294h.th.jpgdsc02295z.th.jpg

dsc02290z.jpg

The strap fits really well, and the lack of deployant clasp makes for a more comfortable wear. I was also surprised to find the strap repels dust and fluff etc.... I thought the grain effect would be the opposite, it is easy to wipe clean too! :D

Comments and observations most welcome! B)

I got the same strap with white stitch for my MBW before. Strap is nice quality & very comfortable. But the installation prcoess is absoluely painful....

Is it easy to install APband on @12sec ROO? Any difficult or fitting problem?

I just place an order for my RB2......

Best Regards,

Raymond

I found the install pretty straight forward really, no major issues to speak of. I also ordered a set of AP case screws for $20, as one of the rep case screws was threaded, managed to dig it out though :)

I would suggest anyone messing with AP watches, just leave the lugs, and lug screws well alone! Either buy it to wear on the steel bracelet or rubber/leather strap, don't try to change it round later.... :p

Cheers! B)

Glad you are enjoying it! The new strap really complement the watch! The buckle is great! Looks really nice. did not know that this was available. Nice combo bro!

Thanks mwee, I think it looks rather nice too! It is now glued to my wrist :lol:

The strap is too small for the buckle, IE: It does not fill the buckle to each edge, but I can live with that, as I find the larger buckle off sets the large case itself, keeping things in proportion :D

And by selective Dani you really mean singular, as in just you. Those countless posts are also, just by you ;):p

It's a only $60 strap, looks great, fits the lugs well and is of a high quality construction, or do you not think so? ^_^

nahh they are not banned here only becasue of me ;)

but yeah its looks great man no hiding that enjoy it :)

Cheers

nahh they are not banned here only becasue of me ;)

but yeah its looks great man no hiding that enjoy it :)

Cheers

Thanks Dani, I think for the price it is a great deal! The durability and cleanness of rubber, with the comfort of calf leather on the underside B)

I don't think I would lay down much more than that on a strap again, the appeal of exotic straps soon wears thin, just like the leather itself! :lol:

Thanks Dani, I think for the price it is a great deal! The durability and cleanness of rubber, with the comfort of calf leather on the underside B)

I don't think I would lay down much more than that on a strap again, the appeal of exotic straps soon wears thin, just like the leather itself! :lol:

I can add that AP band's endlinks look exactly the same as the sec@12 endlinks for the rubber strap. Perhaps they source them from the rep factory and charge that outrageous price for them.

I can add that AP band's endlinks look exactly the same as the sec@12 endlinks for the rubber strap. Perhaps they source them from the rep factory and charge that outrageous price for them.

Could be, who knows? I would never buy their end links :p

I would just buy a rep rubber strap, which includes the end links, should cost no more than $80-100 ^_^