When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Speedie: Rep or gen?

mastergod

Your opinion is needed...

post-2870-1239978771_thumb.jpg

post-2870-1239978826_thumb.jpg

post-2870-1239978804_thumb.jpg

post-2870-1239978784_thumb.jpg

EDIT: SORRY THESE WERE THE BEST PICS THE GUY HAD. NO BOX/PAPERS. WILL ASK FOR MOVEMENT SHOTS. PLEASE KEEP SPILLING YOUR GUTS WHILE I WAIT FOR MORE PICS:-)

EDIT2: THANKS FOR THE INTEREST. THE GUY WANTS 990 USD FOR IT.

Thanks!!!

Mastergod

It is the reduced version, so you can not judge just by the positions of the sub dials.

Really need to see bigger pictures to tell for sure.

Edit: Ok, now the pics are larger, I can see its definetly a gen, various tells include the word Automatic on the dial, the reps say professional.

The subdials are still a tiny bit out, and on the reps the sub dial at 6 always follows the hour hand.

Here is the (now quite rare) rep of the reduced...

2008050612211710854.jpg

And here is a gen....

speedyface.jpg

Edited by meinessex

The guy says its 40 mm excluding the crown....

If it's 40mm with that subdial spacing, that's not the reduced. The issue is whether he's measuring it right. I thought it was the reduced too...but not sure. Check the clown feet on the logo...I think it should have the happy feet...but be pretty thin.

The reduced should be about 35-36mm...and the caseback looks right though and should have the serial number below the sea monster.

jeez, if you don't know what you are talking about, don't confuse the guy! This is a gen reduced speedy which doesn't have the tight subdial spacing. As previously mentioned the "automatic" on the dial is a tell, as is the seconds at 3:00 and the non trailing 6:00 subdial. The solid caseback is also a good clues as most of the reps had display backs.

jeez, if you don't know what you are talking about, don't confuse the guy! This is a gen reduced speedy which doesn't have the tight subdial spacing. As previously mentioned the "automatic" on the dial is a tell, as is the seconds at 3:00 and the non trailing 9:00 subdial. The solid caseback is also a good clues as most of the reps had display backs.

Thanks for the info everyone. Will have to see movement in order to move, however I

Anyway, what price-range would be a REAL bargain?

Cheers, MG

Not really that familiar with pricing on these, but given the fact that its without box, papers, and bracelet, I wouldn't spend a cent more than $800 on it. Thats based on a quick look at ebay where a new in box version is running at about $1700+.

Not really that familiar with pricing on these, but given the fact that its without box, papers, and bracelet, I wouldn't spend a cent more than $800 on it. Thats based on a quick look at ebay where a new in box version is running at about $1700+.

Check.

Furthermore, It

I agree with many here... 900+tax for this speedy (no paper, no box, no bracelet ) is not a bargain. I will either look for a full size moon watch for 1500 ~ 1700 or a better speedy (with box, bracelet...) for ~$800.

Just look around the bay... they are there ;)

This is an original automatic (reduced) Speedmaster. I have one of these, so you can trust me. Even if slighly smaller than the Moonwatch, it is a very nice watch also for medium wrists. The diameter is 38 mm. It is originally sold with SS bracelet (with polished middle links) or black leather. In so far as the price is concerned I think it should go for circa 800 $, assuming the owner does not have the SS bracelet. I add a pic of mine ...

Good luck!

post-2152-1240392913_thumb.jpg

post-2152-1240392987_thumb.jpg