When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA and NDT Case?

One4adventure

I know it has been written that this is not possible to fit an ETA to a Gen or ETA case but it makes me wonder;

How does a Tudor watch solve this dilemma?

I thought the Tudor was basically the same case as the Rolex but with engraving on the caseback and an ETA based movement. The more time I lurk on this forum the less sure I am about what I want, so many great watches!!

Thanks for great reading!!

I know it has been written that this is not possible to fit an ETA to a Gen or ETA case but it makes me wonder;

How does a Tudor watch solve this dilemma?

I thought the Tudor was basically the same case as the Rolex but with engraving on the caseback and an ETA based movement. The more time I lurk on this forum the less sure I am about what I want, so many great watches!!

Thanks for great reading!!

Different rehaut heights and case millings.

An eta will not fit a gen case as a gen movement will not fit an MBW case without mods..

People ARE fitting ETA's in gen cases- look at the frankenjusts.

Tudor cases are different from Rolex cases- they are made to take an ETA, so no, they are similar, but not the same as the Rolex case. But that doesn't mean they can't take some of the same parts like an early bezel insert, or a crown and tube.

Now, I don't think it makes good sense to spend all that money on an NDT case and put an ETA movement in there. If you're going to spend that kind of money, you need to put a Rolex movement in there- spend the $2-3K and build a decent franken. Or buy an MBW and mod it from there and only spend under $1K.

Last option would be to buy an MBW 1665 or 5513 and put a gen movement in there and you'd probably spend $1.5K-2+K.

It's all a question of how much do you want to spend.

Or go out and buy a gen- maybe it would be cheaper in the long run- at least it would be if you quit buying watches!