When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Got Moisture In Breitling for Bentley

Lee

I use a rubber ball, bought on ebay. you could find it using the word Panerai.

you should get it open asap. after that you could put it under a warm light to get the moist out.

and have the waterproofment tested. And don't have it in contact with water before you have it checked....

this happened to a Sub.. when the humidity was so thick one morning and I stepped into my van with the AC blowing .. Max .. condensation happened almost immediately..

All I did was to get "damp rid" pellets from the hardware store.. open the crown to the winding position .. put a liitle shot glass full of damp rid pellets in a cigar box and put the watch in it overnight .. next day.. the damp rid pellets extracted the moisture.. end of story.. B)

this happened to a Sub.. when the humidity was so thick one morning and I stepped into my van with the AC blowing .. Max .. condensation happened almost immediately..

All I did was to get "damp rid" pellets from the hardware store.. open the crown to the winding position .. put a liitle shot glass full of damp rid pellets in a cigar box and put the watch in it overnight .. next day.. the damp rid pellets extracted the moisture.. end of story.. B)

Thanks guys for the responses!

Happened to my Gen Breitling just recently. Crown was tight so I sent it to Breitling to have it looked at under warranty. They came back with a bill for 1K. Wanted new hands, crystal etc.. How does humidity ruin a crystal? Thieves. I said send it back unfixed.

Edited by 355spider

Happened to my Gen Breitling just recently. Crown was tight so I sent it to Breitling to have it looked at under warranty. They came back with a bill for 1K. Wanted new hands, crystal etc.. How does humidity ruin a crystal? Thieves. I said send it back unfixed.

Yes, indeed. What I often hear is that the dealer sends it to the importer. And the importer quotes this extremely ridiculous price. And they send it back to Breitling in Switserlands most often and it is done there under guarantee or for a lot lot less than what the quote.

hearing those things makes me feel less to buy a gen and buy a perfect rep, just because like that they don't deserve my money. :)

Yes, indeed. What I often hear is that the dealer sends it to the importer. And the importer quotes this extremely ridiculous price. And they send it back to Breitling in Switserlands most often and it is done there under guarantee or for a lot lot less than what the quote.

hearing those things makes me feel less to buy a gen and buy a perfect rep, just because like that they don't deserve my money. :)

I believe it. They really just totally over inflated the quote to where it's not believable. I mean a new crystal. SInce when does water ruin a crystal. And the watch is only 6 months old in perfect condition so it couldn't be anything else wrong with it.

It ruins the AR coating. They could recoat it, but the proper method for a gen is replacing the crystal imo...

LOL, moisture ruins the AR? So you should replace the crystal every time your watch gets wet? The AR is the same on the inside as it is on the outside. Removing the crystal, cleaning and replacing would be a more than adequate solution.

i wonder if the "wet cellphone in a box of uncooked rice" trick would work here as well ?