When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oris Carlos Coste

jdkno

I am really liking the Oris CC Chrono. The only problem I am having is that the gen comes on a SS band and the rep is only available with rubber.

I have seen some cheaper reps of the same watch that are available on the SS band, for example here http://www.timeshops.net/OR7613_-_Oris_Car...__2370-2669.htm

I know thats not the CC but it is the same case wise and has the SS band. I tried to e-mail the seller to see if I could buy just the SS band and got nothing.

Does anyone else here know one of the iOffer type sellers that might carry the rep with the SS band who I could contact to try and get just the band?

I asked Peter about this and he told me that the correct Carlos Coste with the 7750 only comes on Rubber strap. I wanted to get one with a SS bracelet as well, but that Quartz version is terribly inaccurate and just fugly IMO.

I was told that it's not possible as of yet. We'll see if they ever do make the SS an option.

Hopefully someone will chime in who knows an iOffer seller or something that can source just the bracelet off of the cheaper incorrect version.

Are the screwdown pushers for show as they are on the Ebel 1911? Meaning you don't have to u screw them to use.

I have a CC and I love the rubber strap. The Carlos Coste rep is already a heavy watch and with a bracelett, it is will be more like a workout-weight. Remember that the gen has a Titanium case &bracelett, while the rep's case (and bracelett - if you can get one from another watch) is brushed steel.

On the other hand, you could very well have bought the gen rubber strap (of the Oris Diver Series) and have put that on your gen CC cause you liked it. Every once in a while I wear my gen Crosswind or B1 on a Breitling rubber strap, though none of the two are sold with it.

OrisCC-1.jpg

• 1 month later...
I have a CC and I love the rubber strap. The Carlos Coste rep is already a heavy watch and with a bracelett, it is will be more like a workout-weight. Remember that the gen has a Titanium case &bracelett, while the rep's case (and bracelett - if you can get one from another watch) is brushed steel.

On the other hand, you could very well have bought the gen rubber strap (of the Oris Diver Series) and have put that on your gen CC cause you liked it. Every once in a while I wear my gen Crosswind or B1 on a Breitling rubber strap, though none of the two are sold with it.

OrisCC-1.jpg

Just to avoid a misunderstanding: Does the pic show a rep? I am asking because the date and day font looks very accurate.

As for the strap/ bracelet question: Will a gen bracelet fit the CC or Diver chrono reps?

I won't speak for CC, but i believe that's the automatic rep...the rep is VERY good...but Chubb's comments are spot-on...this is a thick hunk of metal and already is weighty...i love mine -- but it really is one of those watches, IMO, that works best on rubber...and the rubber on the rep is very good!...

R-

Just to avoid a misunderstanding: Does the pic show a rep? I am asking because the date and day font looks very accurate.

As for the strap/ bracelet question: Will a gen bracelet fit the CC or Diver chrono reps?

The watch pictured is a rep. As for the gen bracelet - I really don't know. I did a couple of pictures showing the lugs and respective measurements. Hope this helps.

post-2851-1244739784_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1244739804_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1244739815_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1244739822_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1244739832_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1244739841_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1244739849_thumb.jpg

post-2851-1244739860_thumb.jpg