When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Blacksteel chrono question/problem

rotten03

Hey all. Got a question about my newly purchased Blacksteel. Long story short, the chrono won't stop running. When I push the Stop/Start pusher, the main second hand stops but the subdial seconds keep spinning. When I push the reset pusher everything resets back to 12 (including the main second hand) but then the chrono continues going. Am I doing something wrong here. I thought I understood how chrono's worked, is there a mechanical issue here?

Is it the subdial at 9:00 that continues to run??

If so that is the seconds hand for the watch and will always run.

The chrono function uses the traditional seconds hand so the seconds at 9 takes the place of the traditional seconds hand on a non chrono.

For refrence when you start the chrono, the big seconds hand counts seconds, the 12:00 subdial registers minutes and the 6:00 subdial registers hours. The 9:00 is as stated the running seconds hand for the watch not the chrono.

Huh. It works as both of you say. So I have this right...the big main seconds hand just stays frozen at the 12? That seems pretty bassackwards. So if you want to see the seconds at night your SOL? Wow. That bugs me. Maybe a Breitlng isn't for me. I'm glad I don't need it serviced. Thanks for the education and quick responses!

Guess you could run the chrono all of the time

Not my recommended course of action

As stated your watch is like all chronos not just Breitlings

Personally all of my favorite watches are chronos

I run the chrono on my Skyland all the time and it is fine....watch out running them too early after starting the watch as they have a common problem of not resetting to 12.................which is a major pain !!..