When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Winding My Moonwatch

yt74

Don't Rambo your Venus copy movement. Wind toward the 12:00 position until you feel resistance. If you wind it until you can't wind it anymore, you are going to destroy it.

Here's a suggestion. Let the watch run out. Wind it a countable number of turns until slight resistance is felt, then let it run out again. If you get more than 24 hours, recalibrate down the number of winds until you get 24h +- 1 hour, then rewind the next day the same # of turns.

And remember to wind it fully (or almost fully) to get a decent power reserve. I remember when I received my Venus-powered watch I stopped winding as soon as I felt a bit more resistance, got lousy power reserve and though the watch was bad.

I did a compete review of a Venus-powered Speedmaster. The white "Broad Arrow" version is exactly the same as yours (technically). Read the review HERE.

There's also a link to Ziggy's Venus movement breakdown.

Edit: @CC: According to Z-man you can't overwind a Venus movement. He says you can wind it fully. But I'm always hesitant to do it too...I wind it just a bit shy of full wind.

Edited by By-Tor