When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Super Avenger Bezel Replacement

Clerek

Hey so I love my new super avenger, but I've noticed a couple of things that are bugging me.

The first and foremost thing is the bezel! I hate that the screws aren't actually screws! They are just glued in. So what I am wondering about is if I replace it with a gen on like this

106510818_o.jpg

from the bay, will the screws actually work then? I know that on a Gen, they are used to open the case (validity?) so will the rep case even be compatible with the insert?

Another thing is the datewheel!

DSCF1111.jpg

Wow this is what bugs me the most about reps! It is the "Ultimate" version and so I though this kind of thing would be fixed, and yet it still isn't centered.

Is this an easy fix, or will I need to replace the date wheel too?

Other than these little problems, this is a wonderful rep. I have become a freakin' perfectionist because of this hobby, and I would just like to say that I really like being a perfectionist! :D

PLEASE DAVE IF YOU READ THIS, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR IMPUT!

more pics!

DSCF1108.jpg

DSCF1109.jpg

DSCF1112.jpg

DSCF1113.jpg

You should be able to micro adjust the date wheel. Just move it a little, like you are changing dates, until it's centered and then push the crown back in. It may take a few tries, but I've been able to do this with the ones I've had that were slightly off. It's normal.

There was a guy on another forum that managed to do the swap,guy must have been Hercules to get the rep bezel off,its not worth an attempt,the rep looks great and trying to get the rep off will likely damage the case.

Good luck if you attempt,but i wouldn't recommend it.

Hey so I love my new super avenger, but I've noticed a couple of things that are bugging me.

The first and foremost thing is the bezel! I hate that the screws aren't actually screws! They are just glued in. So what I am wondering about is if I replace it with a gen on like this

from the bay, will the screws actually work then? I know that on a Gen, they are used to open the case (validity?) so will the rep case even be compatible with the insert?

Another thing is the datewheel!

DSCF1111.jpg

Wow this is what bugs me the most about reps! It is the "Ultimate" version and so I though this kind of thing would be fixed, and yet it still isn't centered.

Is this an easy fix, or will I need to replace the date wheel too?

Other than these little problems, this is a wonderful rep. I have become a freakin' perfectionist because of this hobby, and I would just like to say that I really like being a perfectionist! :D

PLEASE DAVE IF YOU READ THIS, I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR IMPUT!

more pics!

mine is pretty centered

dsc04456r.jpg

Edited by anoch86

Bezel screws and date wheel are annoying as is the lume........but the Chief is right....but on a gen dial and all your problems melt away........I just bought an SA with a gen white batton dial........oddly it hasn't cured my need to buy more watches though........

HA! I laughed when I read this...

Thanks for the input guys! I fixed the datewheel problem by doing what alanytical said. Micro adjusting the date and all...perfect now! I guess I will have to get a gen dial for it! I really want one but unless they are like around 100 bucks I don't think I can afford it!

Thanks again folks!

-Ricardo

PS Thanks again Dave! Your the man!