When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bracelet Tool Help

ammandel

I apologise in advance as I know theres a number of threads about this but I'd like there to be a concise answer from some of you knowledgable folks :)

I currently own 0 tools for these reps, aside from having a small set of loupes 2x 5x and 10x. This means I am even unable to detach bracelets, rubber & leather straps. As such I am in the market for a versatile and high quality strap removal tool.

Research guides me to 3 models all of which I am unsure how they differ and which one would be able to be used in DIFFERENT applications or whether I need to buy a separate one for a Rolex bracelet, and for a leather & rubber strap..

Here are the 3; and if you have any information I would be grateful!

• Bergeon 6767 - Found one of these on (Ebay)
  • Bergeon 6111 - As suggested by Toadtorrent in this post
  • Bergeon 3153 - And in a separate thread; Freddy333 posted this link which suggests the use of this tool

For some additional information, my collection and the watches I am going to be using the tools for are a Rolex Submariner, a Breitling Seawolf (Rubber strap but bracelet soon to be purchased..), and an IWC Portofino (Leather).

With that said and explained, how do they differ and which one is best for me?

Thanks in advance all!

I'd go for the 6111, as it has an end to push straps aside, as well as the small forks.

The 6767 has a pin pusher on one end, which would be handy for split pins, but you will probably end up with one of the blue or black screw types for this.

I can't see what is the other end of the one Freddy recommended, and don't know that tool, so just go for the 6111.

I have a similar tool (Jap/Chinese copy) and once I sourced some decnt tips for it, it works just fine. So maybe you don't need the expense of the Bergeon tool, just decent forked tips. I replace, even the good ones, evey 2-3 months, but my tool is in constant use.

Offshore

I agree with offshore.. the tip of the smaller fork does not last indefinately.. I have gotten away with using the same one with one of the forks broken

it is not a big eal.. all you really need to do is compress the spring..

for the IWC pilots with the ss bracelet.. I just use the tool and a toothpick to leave one end open whilst I work the other end.. if you.ve ever tried to remove the ss bracelet you know what a pain it can be.. but a little imagination goes a long way.. toothpicks are great :rolleyes:

I've gone through the Asian tools.. I prefer the Swiss makes.. a little heavier .. "feels" better in the hand.

here the assortment from Ofrei

http://www.ofrei.com/page_226.html

More confirmation what others have said. With leather straps, the big fork is good...and the big BENT fork I think is nice...little bit of leverage for ease of use.

The small fork teeth do break. Like Lani, mine have been broken for awhile, but still serves the purpose.

You don't need the name brand one, as long as it fits the replacement bits from Bergeon as the no name brand ones will be harder to source.

I have a non-branded one similar to what Freddy333 listed as well which has the springbar poker which snapped off. Instead of replacing the point, I use that for depressing stem release buttons...works great...and I use the other end like Lani uses a toothpick for pilot's bracelets.

Thanks all for the help, it looks to me like it'd be easier and qiucker for me to buy the bergeon tool than to order something from Ofrei being in the UK..

I guess I'll find a 6111 on the bay or something!

Freddy, I didn't say you directly recommended it but that you posted a link that suggested the use of the 3153!