When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project 2533 complete.

pbdad

Life started off as a DSN 2533.

vintaged the case, sanded the crystal height down a tad, modded the Rolex Brev crown, shortened the case tube, darkened the blue hands and aged the lume (the hands are actually a lot darker blue than the pics convey), replaced the the dial with a RMScherry dial, overfilled the indices slightly per gen, aged the molnija movement bridges, replaced the blued screws with clear ones, and finished it one with a one-off one piece gunny strap (ala zulu strap).

hope to replace it with a gen rolex 616 one day...

enjoy. :)

IMG_8446.jpg

IMG_8452.jpg

IMG_8449.jpg

IMG_8451.jpg

Wow, stunning piece! what Gunny strap was that? did not see anything like that on Peters website.

Congrats, really nice one! I am still waiting for a pam249 with blue hands from Rocket/DSN. have a Gunny strap already waiting for it.

Cheers, wear it well!

Thanks, guys!

It was a lot of fun putting together. I learned a lot and think I developed a lot of good techniques that really bring the age out of these watches.

The Gunny is a one-off strap I commissioned him to make for me.

I told him that I wanted him to make a single long strap that I could thread through the fixed lugs like a zulu strap.

• 4 months later...