When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Parts availability for Chinese movements.

offshore

Guys,

I have been searching for some time, to find a source for parts for the various Chinese movements.

It has been difficult to say the least, however today I have had a bit of a break through.

One of my HK suppliers, has told me he now has a range of stems for all the different Chinese movements.

He also has said he can source whatever is needed (although theyALL say that)

So my question is....

What do we need?

If the answers were in the form -movement number /description. ie DG 2813- stem, or TY 2871-movement holder.

it would make life easier to cut and paste and send him a list of what we need.

So back in your court guys...tell me what parts you need to work on your Chinese movements, and which movements are the most needed.

Offshore

I'm no watchmaker...but I've read numerous posts of the following parts having difficult supply:

For sure the Reversing Wheel being #1...Watchdog also mentioned having to machine down a gen ETA ratchet driving wheel (1482)...and has also mentioned a dry up of his supply of the transfer gear between the mainspring winding gear and the autowinder gears. This isn't the same as the reversing wheel is it??