When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mashed-Up PAM111H

rangers158

As many who lust for a proper Panerai 111H would know, this damn piece is never going to be replicated right. And over the years, I have collected so many variants of this model. From DSN's look gen but then seriously bad quality to Puretime famous PAMM111E accurate model, Rep factory's super thin crown models, I have it all.

Recently, the newest version of the PAM11H apparently has been improved significantly. Case with very defined edges, Crown with the correct bevel and thickness and new asian movement that has good engraving. But the one thing that still sucks is the crown guard. Lume is also too greenish.

I decided to see what I can do to make the ultimate PAM111H. So I took the new version, swap in a superlume rep dial and hands with more accurate lume colour, and most importlantly installed a V's crownguard. Installing the crownguard, is really long patient work. It took me over 2 days to put a proper finish to V's crownguard, fit it to the case (this takes the most time), level and polish the CG pin. The rep crown is really good. It is 1.9mm like gen, the bevel angle is correct and it has 48 teeths!. Did the factory copied T48???

Here is the final result... What do you think? The best it can get for now?

DSCF0181_resize.jpg

DSCF0197_resize.jpg

DSCF0185_resize.jpg

DSCF0195_resize.jpg

DSCF0196_resize.jpg

Wait, are you saying DSN's quality is bad? i though he was one of the better ones..

Got a couple of DSNs, the crown is not really thick and the reccessed area at the top is too shallow. The hole to screw in the stem on the crown is sometimes not drilled perpendicular. Case is sometimes wrong as seen in his 177 making the crown not centered on the crownguard. Dial is also completely off in terms of the position of the number markers. Though rep dial is not perfect but it definitely look better than DSN.

Wow that looks brilliant.

I am by no means a Pam WIS, and the usual thing I look at to determine authenticiy is the crown and CG. No matter what replica you buy, they all look wrong. As soon as I looked at yours it had be fooled! The proportions all seem really good. I find the T48 looks too thick and bevelled slightly wrong, but the crown on this combined with the V-CG looks perfect!

Wear it well, that is a very nice Pam!

Wow that looks brilliant.

I am by no means a Pam WIS, and the usual thing I look at to determine authenticiy is the crown and CG. No matter what replica you buy, they all look wrong. As soon as I looked at yours it had be fooled! The proportions all seem really good. I find the T48 looks too thick and bevelled slightly wrong, but the crown on this combined with the V-CG looks perfect!

Wear it well, that is a very nice Pam!

Ya, CG is key. Hope someone could make more of these CGs since V sold out on these. LH CG is still not good enough but its cheaper though...

I think it looks really good. Could probably use a LH dial (or gen if you can find it), but I think its a great example. And you did a great job on the CG.

Thanks. Would certainly love gen if it is reasonably priced. But looking at the softer 2nd hand market now for watches, a gen 111 might be a better option.