When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

are these subs the same?

fluffhead

are these subs all the same?

http://www.pam111.com/product_info.php?cPa...42377029225aa9e

and

http://www.eurotimez88.com/product_info.ph...086b392980d33d8

and

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlss01002-2008-subm...836-p-5006.html

and is this the same watch without the ceramic bezel?

http://www.jpc8118.com/rlss01008-black-dia...836-p-5708.html

Im assumingthese are all noobs. My impression is that they are they are a good value. best quality to price ratio. these newer noobs seem to correct the complaints of the older noobs, but I dont see any reviews of this model. can anybody give me any general impressions about them? are there any glaring defects?

The first three are all ceramic bezel subs with the new sub case- 2008/2009, whatever you want to call it.

The classic from Josh is an older sub.

None are noobs- that's a different case- originally SN F520117 and now it's been revamped with an M serial and the same three last digits 117.

Movements can vary in all of these watches from 21j asian to 2836-2 clone and even 2836-2 swiss (if the swiss is still around).

None are noobs- that's a different case- originally SN F520117 and now it's been revamped with an M serial and the same three last digits 117.

the eurotimez watch clearly says noobfactory. Is he lying?

also has anyone seen a watch like the ceramic ones, but without the ceramic bezel? or does that not exist?

I could easily be wrong. The noob factory makes other watches like the GMT and Yacht-Master and it may be that they are making this new 116610 Submariner. The new sub was unveiled at Basel in 2008- but available only in yellow gold and white gold. This year it's supposed to be available in TT. Next year in SS. So it's somewhat of a fantasy watch in rep form right now.

I'm not aware of this new sub case model being made with a non-ceramic bezel insert, but I guess you could try swapping out an older insert if that's what you wanted.

also has anyone seen a watch like the ceramic ones, but without the ceramic bezel? or does that not exist?

Buy the ceramic one, and a bezel insert off eBay, and swap the inserts over :) Essentially, you'll wind up with a Submariner in a chunky case :) (A green scotch pad over the bracelet will also get rid of the polished mid-links, and make it look more functional, rather than decorative ;) )

Welcome to the jungle :good:

womart's link doesn't come up so can't comment on that one.

eurotimez's and perfect clones' ceramic subs are the same. Those 2 and the last link are all from the noobfactory. The way this factory does the rehaut engraving is really their signature, really easy to recognize. It's the same engraving on their popular GMT-IIC. I'm really bumped by this upgrade on the classic noob sub and noob exp2. Yes, they not only do it to the sub, but also the exp2. The serial is now a M serial. Most members who asked me for the exp2 don't want the rehaut engraving. I now have to polish it off. It's a lot of work. I have to pop the bezel to pop the crystal, not to mention the movement. They don't know what the customers want. They just blindly follow the latest gens. Yuck.

-bk