When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Speedmaster Moon from EuroTimez

I consider this watch a quasi fantasy watch because it's a very inaccurate rep of a genuine speedmaster moon. Knowing this I still bought it because it's one hell of a sexy looking watch regardless of its flaws (and useful as a stop watch).

It's also a pretty accurate timekeeper out of the box

great size and heft on this one, display back adds a dimension of merriment to this classic looking watch. It draws attention from all who spy it.

I have another seagull handwound chrono movement and this one seems to wind a little rougher. In terms of QC it came perfectly clean, flawless, and all aligned. the bracelet I find more comfortable than my noob sub bracelet and it's a bigger watch in both weight and size. Push button chrono works very nicely and isn't any less smooth than the genuine speedys i've played with IMO.

what I dont like. well the sub dial spacing is inaccurate, but if you didnt know that it wouldnt look any worse. so accuracy that should be fixed, but not as big a deal to me as:

screw down crown versus pull out for this daily handwinder

raised domed glass is sexy and this one is more flat than domed, detracts from the overall watch

the 24hour sub dial is useless on this piece since the dial only goes up to 12 (like gen but NOT functional), why not freeze it like on the vintage daytonas that ship with this movement? Yeah there are tutorials to fix this BUT everything is so perfect from the factory on this watch I rather not risk the uncasing if I dont have to.

dealings with Eurotimez was smooth and cost a bit more, in turn I gained pre shipping photos to do my own QC from my home. If this is important to you check out his site.

would I recommend buying this watch? take one look at it, and IF you love it at first sight, ignore the obvious flaws and get it... It's unclear WHEN, IF this will be re-repped or have the speedmaster date with proper sub dial spacing repped in its place, having this one forgotten. also gens of this watch can be had for about $1,600US more in used condition, so that's also an option.

pics: enjoy!

post-10838-1241435017_thumb.jpg

post-10838-1241435093_thumb.jpg

post-10838-1241435181_thumb.jpg

post-10838-1241435268_thumb.jpg

I agree with you on this one. I like the beauty of the movement with the display back...and like a wrote in another thread, the display back mod did exist on some of the speedies, and was performed by gen owners on others.

I would rather have a solid Seagull manual wind movement with wrong spacing and a beautiful manual wind movement visible, than a proper spaced A7750 with display back, or worse, a converted properly spaced A7750 converted to a manual wind.

I would rather have a solid Seagull manual wind movement with wrong spacing and a beautiful manual wind movement visible, than a proper spaced A7750 with display back, or worse, a converted properly spaced A7750 converted to a manual wind.

+1

Mind if I ask how long it took from point of payment until you received the watch from Chris?

Thanks.

sorry I dont recall, I bought this watch many months ago but am only now writing about it. But it was within the norm as it didnt seem unusual at all, which is why i dont remember. To ball park perhaps 2-3 weeks since I requested photos and review them it took an extra few days. I was overall satisfied with the delivery time.

Lovely watch - enjoy.

I have a genuine Moonwatch and love it. However, I picked up an old Tissot chrono the other day for very humble money. Nice enough in itself and running like a dream, but when I took the back off - Happy Days - it's a Lemania the same as the Omega 1861. Now I'm thinking about getting a gen 'Moon to Mars' Moonwatch dial and hands and gen movement holder and seeing if it can be dropped into a rep case.

sorry I dont recall, I bought this watch many months ago but am only now writing about it. But it was within the norm as it didnt seem unusual at all, which is why i dont remember. To ball park perhaps 2-3 weeks since I requested photos and review them it took an extra few days. I was overall satisfied with the delivery time.

Thanks for the reply..Have been waiting for a watch from Chris for some time now and was just wondering how your order went.