When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner Lv "ultimate Version"

ProZac

Is the date magnifier correct on this replica? Left picture is from PT, pic 2 and 3 are gens taken from eBay.

post-1869-1155024619_thumb.jpgpost-1869-1155024997_thumb.jpgpost-1869-1155025148_thumb.jpg

Unfortunatly, few of these "perfect LVs are anything close to accurate. The pearl is wrong, the bezel numbers are too fat, the date mag cyclops is misaligned, the crown is too big, the metal borders around the lume dots are too thick, the print font and spacing on "Oyster Perpetual Date" is wrong, the crown guards are off.........

oh yes, to answer what you asked, yes the mag is wrong.

Unfortunatly, few of these "perfect LVs are anything close to accurate. The pearl is wrong, the bezel numbers are too fat, the date mag cyclops is misaligned, the crown is too big, the metal borders around the lume dots are too thick, the print font and spacing on "Oyster Perpetual Date" is wrong, the crown guards are off.........

oh yes, to answer what you asked, yes the mag is wrong.

I own one of PT's perfect LV...and even when there is no perfection in life...much less in reps...I have to tell u that for the price we pay...is a very good VALUE... :g: This is what I think...with the watch in my hand...(wrist actually)

Pearl wrong= yes (but better)...needs modding

Bezel numbers too fat= I disagree...I can't see the difference. (it could be just me or the pic...honestly I don't know)

Date mag cyclops = perfectly aligned in my actual watch...not sure how consistent they are across the production line...but I guess there is a 'luck of the draw' factor to be entertained in all reps

Date Magnification = looks good to me (on my watch...that is)

Crown too big = you got me thinking and you might be right...(the jury is out because I cannot find the actual specs on the crown of the LV...but that was a good pick...)

Metal borders = look fine to me...

Print spacing on "Oyster Perpetual Date" is off... you are right...

Print font on "Oyster Perpetual Date" = Looks OK to me

Crown guards = big improvement from prior versions...but they need to be trimmed just a tad...

Date font = (at least on my watch) is a bit thin...

Case and bracelet = need polishing and shaping (a bit edgy still)

I wanted to point out the issue of the value...quality + price.... because while I researched the different options (other than dishing out $6K for a gen) I also looked at Watchmaker's 9 offering... as it happens...you can't get evrything right in a single piece...let me give you an example

this is the GEN LV ...

99975-26459.jpg

99975-26460.jpg

This is my wrist shot with PT's ultimate LV...nice rehaut etc...more pics at PT LV

post-2143-1155046562_thumb.jpg

Now look at a the LV that watchmaker9 is offering...(for over $462)...everything right...with the exception of the font spacing, the insert and the date magnification which is not 2.5X, the dial printing (look at the M after 300) :yuk: ... but take look at the bracelet and case...beautifully finished ... good crown guards ... I was going for it and do the right mods...change insert and crystal...but the price was too high...but the quality was rated only good ...so the VALUE (quality-price relationship) was inferior to what I got from PT's LV... (I think the same applies to Josh's and Andy's versions)

99975-26461.jpg

99975-26462.jpg

99975-26463.jpg

Ahh...just like with women...can't get everything right with a sample of 1....!!!need more :Jumpy:

Hope I got my 'VALUE' point across... just my 0.02

Cheers

Alex

Oh I never said these watches were not a remarkable value, they are!!!

Are you sure you can't see the thicker metal wrap around the lume dots? Look closer!!! They are also a good millimeter or two further away from the number tics on the dial than on the genuine.

Edited by crystalcranium

Oh I never said these watches were not a remarkable value, they are!!!

Are you sure you can't see the thicker metal wrap around the lume dots? Look closer!!! They are also a good millimeter or two further away from the number tics on the dial than on the genuine.

You are right Crystal :yeah: ...the markers on the W9 watch are further apart...One other little detail on the dial is the fact that the fifth minute marker is bold on the gen and a bit longer compared to the PT version. Miniscule detail I may add... They all need some degree of modding... I think...if it is not one thing is the other or the next or...and so on. They are getting close though. But I guess we covered some of the minor details that illustrate the difference between good reps and the gen. Very informative...at least to me! :whistling:

Cheers!

Alex

I was questioning the alignment of the Swiss Made on that last pic shown above.

Yikes, I didnt even see that :bangin:

On one of the pics "Swiss Made" is sitting on just 3 hash marks, on the next pic its on 5 individual hash marks...

I guess it just goes to show that any rep Sub can be called out as a rep if you look long enough, or know what to look for - in my view they all start to look the same after a while...

Yikes, I didnt even see that :bangin:

On one of the pics "Swiss Made" is sitting on just 3 hash marks, on the next pic its on 5 individual hash marks...

I guess it just goes to show that any rep Sub can be called out as a rep if you look long enough, or know what to look for - in my view they all start to look the same after a while...

I think the Swiss Made covers 5 marks in the gen. The m is not bolded on PT's LV but the Oyster Perpetual Date as Crystal pointed out had the incorrect spacing...All in all, and for the money is a VERY good replica. Great value I think...the LV retails for about $6,000 in the US...nobody will discount it...that is if you can find it at an AD... :whistling:

Cheers

Alex