When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland Dial Color / V2 or V3 / Please help!

Javelin

I have decided to go with the V2 or V3 Skyland Avenger (V2 would probably be ordered from Joshua...). Not sure who I would order the V3 from or whether I want to just go with the V2 and have the better AR.

And I cannot decide between Black or Slate Grey... I like the fact the grey enhances the AR tint but black is timeless. Leaning towards grey from so many of your posts.

Please help! :D

i went with the grey...more versatile and i like that with different lighting you get a different effect...

search for lanikai's post comparing the black and grey dials...he did a photo shoot and post after i pm'd him inquiring on his opinion and pix of both...this post has to have helped MANY decide on black versus grey...

also consider if you plan to buy other Breits...i bought the Blackbird and a black dial old Navi...so it was best for me to get the grey skyland...and i do think it's much more versatile with various straps, etc...

search the posts - especially Lani's - and you'll get tons of opinions and supporting pix from members...

enjoy -- go grey!...

R-

Just to mix things up...I'm a grey Skyland guy myself.

For me, it really depends on what you have in your arsenal already. My "blue watch" needs are met by a Seamaster...I have lots of black and white watches...so the grey watch niche was met nicely by the Skyland.

Or...do what others have done...get a blue, black, and grey.

Thank you for all of your input. You folks know what is going on in the world of Breitlings.

But this leads me to my last and final question:

A ) Get a V2 from Joshua

B ) Get a V3 from Peter

*Que Joepardy theme song* :whistling:

Edited by Javelin

I read your thread Toad (well actually I have probably read most of your threads as they are awesome insights into the subject matter) and I should have bought the V3 back in October. But I was just browsing at the time but I am ready now to go ahead and get a sweet Breitling Rep.

V2 from Josh is $268+cc $+shipping so like $300. And then of course I will have it serviced for $190+shipping. I will wear this watch daily and put my lifeless Movados a break for a bit. Just needed that tiny bit of reassurance.

:)

v3 blue on blue rubber is $208 from peter...quote from y'day...i was inspired by our revered andrewwwwww to check out the blue again...why?...well, as Toad says, a lot depends on your Breit collection...i, too, went the grey skyland route b/c i felt it was most versatile...Lani was his typical zenmaster on dial color and helped with his post on grey vs. black dials on the skyland...

i, too went with peter b/c of price...

i need a blue dial Breit...after buying Hike's gen Aerospace, i am doing my best to not harass him to buy his blue gen Navi - which is by far the grail of blue dial watches...so, i thought i'd price-check the blue skyland...

My rainbow of Breits (which justifies my blue need gap?!)

1. white dials - SFSO on brown rep croc deployment, josh "fantasy" chrono avenger, polished ss bracelet (v1 ti model casing in polished ss - modded with utc link)

2. off-white dial - Navi World GMT on Gunny Mona strap

3. black dials - tri-compax 3-6-9 v1 navi (bought w/ help from andreww...thank you very much), gen aerospace ti/gold w/ ti/gold bracelet - with added utc, blacksteel on hktan red/black, Blackbird on brushed ss bracelet

4. grey dial - v3 skyland on black diver pro rubber

R-

v3 blue on blue rubber is $208 from peter...quote from y'day...i was inspired by our revered andrewwwwww to check out the blue again...why?...well, as Toad says, a lot depends on your Breit collection...i, too, went the grey skyland route b/c i felt it was most versatile...Lani was his typical zenmaster on dial color and helped with his post on grey vs. black dials on the skyland...

i, too went with peter b/c of price...

i need a blue dial Breit...after buying Hike's gen Aerospace, i am doing my best to not harass him to buy his blue gen Navi - which is by far the grail of blue dial watches...so, i thought i'd price-check the blue skyland...

My rainbow of Breits (which justifies my blue need gap?!)

1. white dials - SFSO on brown rep croc deployment, josh "fantasy" chrono avenger, polished ss bracelet (v1 ti model casing in polished ss - modded with utc link)

2. off-white dial - Navi World GMT on Gunny Mona strap

3. black dials - tri-compax 3-6-9 v1 navi (bought w/ help from andreww...thank you very much), gen aerospace ti/gold w/ ti/gold bracelet - with added utc, blacksteel on hktan red/black, Blackbird on brushed ss bracelet

4. grey dial - v3 skyland on black diver pro rubber

R-

Ok I am still at a toss up between grey and blue. I might just go with a V2 Skyland from Joshua because it is easy. I wanted to buy the darn watch before the weekend but now I just don't know!

Well I decided to go with the Blue on Stainless (V2). And I was trying to order from Joshua.... but when I go to pay it rejects my CC. And then I emailed Joshua a couple days ago and he is not returning any of my emails through his website.

SO..... anyone have any suggestions? :)

Well I decided to go with the Blue on Stainless (V2). And I was trying to order from Joshua.... but when I go to pay it rejects my CC. And then I emailed Joshua a couple days ago and he is not returning any of my emails through his website.

SO..... anyone have any suggestions? :)

get a new cc? :p

nice with the blue! I have a gray myself, love it! only prob with gray is I find the subdials are hard to see the gradation (think thats what its called?) :p

For some reason my post did not go through.............. LOL

I got Josh's website to cooperate and my order is on the way! Now I have to get my watch serviced. Anyone know of a good service rep here in the US?

I am considering Vaclume here in the US as he will service the 7750 for $190. That sounds like an ok price considering what The Zigmeister has said about the movement and everything that goes into it. Anyone have any recommendations?

My 'Blue' Skyland arrived..... a really interesting color of blue..... (I can't upload a picture to this website for some reason because it is dynamic.... LOL)

Here is my emailed order summary...

> > > >

> > > > Products

> > > > ------------------------------------------------------

> > > > 1 x 0000BLSA10015 Skyland Avenger V2 SS/SS Blue A-7750 28800bph

> > (BLSA10015)

> > > > = $268.00

> > > > ------------------------------------------------------

> > > > Sub-Total: $268.00

> > > > For more information on zone rates please click here (Shipping to US):

> > > > $25.00

> > > > Total: $293.00

Anyway it is slate grey. Suggestions?

Best I can do to show off the some of the blue. Everything else looks grey. I don't know how to get the stupid pic bigger or get imageshack to post into the insert image... not a photographer... Sorry!

moreslategreywatch003.th.jpg

I will add that the lume dots are awesome (such as it is centered @ 4 position, etc) and the dial, bezel, and renhault are all centered at 12 o'clock. I just did not think that the "blue" looks so grey!

Only in direct outdoor sunlight does any blue come off from the face of the watch (such as the pic I just posted).

moreslategreywatch002.th.jpg

It is a nice little watch. But is everyone's blue dial this dark/greyish? Want to know before I put the extra $200 to have it serviced.

Thanks!

Edited by Javelin