When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex GMT Master II Ref 116710 Ceramic "Z" Series

Pre V

P1000731.jpg

Hello all!

It's about time to spread some love back into the Rolex arena, not that I have left but my heart diverts at times --- as you can tell from my recent Officine Panerai prevendome and preA projects.

Apart from my reliable daily wearer Rolex Sea-Dweller "Z" series, I have decided to lay down some funds for a Rolex GMT Master II Ref 116710 Ceramic a couple of months back.

Travelling has always been a part of my life and what better tool than a GMT to allow one to keep in tune with the "home" time --- be it telephone calls of misses or well-wishes.

Now, bearing in mind when this Ceramic beauty was first launched, it was in such "heightened state of Demand" till worldwide retailers were jacking up the prices as demand exceeded supply. So I had to wait for the market to cool off as well as the Rolex factory in Bern to roll out more 116710s to ease off the high prices.

Nonetheless, I chanced upon an opportunity to purchase a pre-owned 116710 from Japan which was reasonably priced at below USD $ 6000. At that moment, it was a "now or never" situation --- bearing in mind most of us could not have forsee the economic crisis that has since dawned upon us. So I met up with the seller, checked out the "engraved serial number at the 6 o'clock rehaut portion with the papers. Inspected the timepiece with great patience and details, being a detail nut, it was more than a 60 minutes affair. Talk about Fast Dealing....it's a no-no for me. After all, I am dumping quite a bit on a genuine timepiece, and once the transaction is finalized, the liability is all on me.

There were a few surface scratches but nothing deep or serious. After all, I have no intention of polishing the case under any circumstances. My Sea-Dweller just suffered a couple of more scratches and I am loving the character on it. Timepieces are after all meant to be worn, except for a few safequeens that is.

I have found Rolexes to be extremely comfortable for I have a small wrist, so 40mm is just right. :)

2 days ago, I just got a call informing me that there will be a preowned Mint SD "V" or "M" series as well as a Ceramic in either series, both of which are attractively priced at below USD $ 5900. This has really gotten me thinking on laying down on 1 more of each....the Rolex infection has just only begun.....

Perhaps I should hold up for a 1950s-1960s Vintage Rollie but these are getting hard to come by....so I will just let the watch "find me" instead of vice versa.

Let's move on the pictures now....thanks for reading!

P1000740.jpg

P1000741.jpg

P1000737.jpg

P1000747.jpg

P1000746.jpg