When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best everyday & Occasional wear IWC rep?

JoeyDee

Hey Folks.

Im caught up - and I need some help plz ^_^

Here's the scoop, I dont have the money to buy a real IWC watch :( hopefully one day :)

Alright can you guys please listen + a pic of your the best;

1. Everyday wear

2. Occasional wear

The reason I am asking this is because, well - I want to wear a watch every day and want to avoid buying a cheap rep that the gold plated finish will fade, or the wristband will rip and so on... im just getting bored of wearing this all the time :(

1zyfqq1.jpg

Here are a few:

GST Chrono (ti) - 40mm. Very elegant and small on the wrist. Good every day wear but you have to like ti.

IMGP1145.jpg

2006 Cousteau - 44mm. Bigger both in terms of diameter and depth - more weekend wear as it has rubber strap.

IMGP0824.jpg

Classic Ingenieur - 42mm. IMHO, very elegant but a little boring. Looks great with a suit though.

IMGP1139.jpg

The other two you might consider are the classic Pilot 3717 and the Slevin. Pilot looks great on leather and croc straps. Slevin stays on a bracelet.

My 2 cents.

All of the above are great suggestions.

First you have to decide Chronograph or no Chronograph. That will help you narrow it down.

A new one I just got which is getting a lot of everyday wrist time is the 3536 GST Aquatimer (Non-Chrono)

iwc3536002gstaquatimer.jpg

2006 Cousteau - 44mm. Bigger both in terms of diameter and depth - more weekend wear as it has rubber strap.

IMGP0824.jpg

Yes sir! That's the one, I was thinking of getting the Cousteau or the Portuguese!

So, let's say I get a rep of the Costeau or the Portuguese, should I modify it like most people on this form do? The rubber band on the costeau is good quality?

So, let's say I get a rep of the Costeau or the Portuguese, should I modify it like most people on this form do? The rubber band on the costeau is good quality?

I think the rubber band is fine. I was surprised how comfortable this thing is. I love my Cousteau...one of my all time faves.