When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone Else Seen This Problem With White Super Avenger Dial

Del_RFC

Purchased last September. Dial was a decent shade of white as per 1st photo.

2928xgg.jpg

Dial has been steadily turning a weird shade of gold. Now the chrome on the numerals appears to be peeling. If you look closely you will see there is a dark section then a lighter bit around each of the numerals.

Watch has never been opened, never been wet and never exposed to any chemicals or extreme conditions. Treated exactly as my other watches.

3ajqq.jpg

Anyone got any idea whats happening here?

Contacted the dealer with regards a replacement dial.

Thanks in advance.

Del

Yeah, I'm with Andreww, I remember someone else having the same issue. I think it was around the turn of the year maybe into Feb, but there was certainly someone else with the same issue.

I'll try search it for you.

Sixx :bones:

Edit: I can't seem to find it in the search, but there was someone else with this exact problem! I would go with Andrewws advice and speak to your dealer bud!

The Rolex guys would say you've got a nice patina happening there, but on a new Breit it looks terrible. I'd contact the dealer.

BTW, I have seen another instance of this. Not sure which board it was posted on though.

Right on... if this would be a 1665 Vintage Dweller dial u would have a winner ;) since its not hope u get it sorted out.

regards Laz

I had the same issue on a SOSF. One of the resident watchsmiths on another board said it was the clearcoat peeling on the numbers. The watch was sent to him and he was able to clean it up I guess by removing all of the clearcoat.

before

sosf006.jpg

after

sosf034.jpg

Edited by jjenk

Thanks for the input guys. The pictures are back with my dealer and hopefuly he can sort me out with something.

When put side by side with my SFSO the contrast in colours is massive.

The chrome (clearcoat) peeling is something only very very recent but the gold tinge is getting worse week on week.

Will keep you posted on the outcome.

Thanks again.

Del

I also have a white dial SA and from the minute I recieved it the dial was a weird off white and not the brilliant white it is on the gen. But i knew that the dial was not going to be pure white as other members had already informed me before I ordered it. those other issues are odd though.. i have not noticed any peeling of my numbers of a change of color any different from the original, but i understand your concern

I probably should have gone for black or blue as those dials (esp black) seem to be closer to the original. you cant really mess up black, but then again i thought you couldnt mess up white either. :D :D :D

good luck