When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam Noise

nnomad

I just received a 177H from a fellow member..trully a remarkable watch.. at least, regarding the unique design that stands appart from everything i know..its my first Pam, consequently my knowledge about pams is as good as my talents for brain surgery..assuming my noobness, are all pams that damn noisy????......(asian 6497 swans neck) just asking cause it sounds like an oldschool time bomb..................(tictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic

tictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictictic

tictictictictictictictictictictictictictic)

Cheers,

A.

That's the signal they broadcast for detection by the rep police. Expect black helicopters to arrive any time now... :whistling:

:D

I wouldn't worry too much - some asian 6497s are noisier than others. A good service may quieten it down some, but unless it really bugs you, it's probably fine to leave as is.

I think the 6497 movement in general is a noisy ticker - I own a genuine 177k and a Marina Militare with an asian 6497, they are both the noisiest watches I own, although the asian movement is marginally louder.

My other watches are all solid case backs with anti-magnetic shields - I guess this absorbs the movement noise whereas the case on the 177 is open backed with no magnetic sheilding.

I actually like the ticking, reminds me I have a stunning mechanical watch on my wrist. :)

Guest asim

lol they are noisy indeed. I had a vintage Portuguese with an asian manual and that kept me awake for the first few nights, then I got used to it and I can't go to sleep without that beautiful ticking sound! :p

wrist shots please or else you never received the watch :p

I also first had the cheap pam177 with cheap asian 6497-2. You could hear it tickking everywhere. very annoying and for me almost a reason to get rid of the watch.

after I switches a sapphire in it, changed the movement for a better one AND have the movement serviced, it wasn't loud at all anymore. but still the loudest compared to my other automatics.

hope this info helps.

What Asim said. I love hearing the ticking at night, and I now it's hard to fall asleep without it. (Except I keep wanting to open my eyes to appreciate the superlume C3 glow) If it's quiet at work I can even faintly hear it with my hands on the desk. Now that is just plain cool.

Have you seen "Heros" on tv? Wearing my 183, I am Sylar baby! I like to sneak up on people and then steal their powers while you (the audience) hear that ticking sound. So far I haven't had much success, but I'm working on it ;-).