When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finally At Almost 7pm Ups Arrived! Massive Winder Is Here!

Bignasty

So I decided to try out a winder for my collection. I've gotten tired of setting my watches just wear one out for a night on the town. So I looked and I looked for a winder. The watchsmith I do business with in the mall had them but of course they were very expensive. I looked on Amazon.com and other various sites. And of course I checked the Bay. Found this baby there. It was advertised as having the "Fuzzy Logic" control system and very quiet motors. I bid and bid and forgot to bid and got outbid on about 6 different winders before I finally won this one on my day off last week. So for about $120 I've now got a winder with plenty of room for new growth!

Well I loaded it up and set all my watches before I got it started. Now its all loaded and in motion. If got it set to run for like 150 seconds in one direction, then stop for 300 seconds, then rotate another 150 seconds in the opposite direction. Well see how it does!

Cheers,

Jon :victory:

100244-26415.jpg

100244-26416.jpg

Nice looking winder Bignasty!

Looks huge-ly. Just how wide is this baby?

These winders with the added storage space for other watches are super.

I am spoiled using my winders.

The watches are always set to the correct day and time ready to go at a moments notice.

No fidgeting; pick it up, put it on the wrist and go with it.

Edited by JJFlash

I have this one and it does not wind sufficiently to keep all my reps going. after a period of time they wind down despite all the different settings. there is a lot of older posts and threads about this listing the recommended wind times required for different watches and these winders are on the border for some which require larger turn times

good luck

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

I bought the same winder from the Bay about a year ago. i haven't had a problem with any of my watches running down but one of the turntables started making noise so i shut it off. i only keep the date watches on the winder because setting the date on some reps seems a little iffy mechanicly.

can't complain for the price. if it ever goes totally down i'll take it apart and learn about watch winders.

nice buy. good luck

I have it as well. If you are running two PAM's on a single motor be prepared to have to screw down the main bolt which holds the turntable every once in a while. The only other downside is that for may reasons discussed before (including movement pattern and angle of the watch I find that probably only half of the watches keep truly accurate time). But it sure is helpful on those Perpetual Calendars. :lol:

I have had mine for about a year and it is still going strong. :)

i have a cheap duplex version that looks a little like yours. i paid $30 on the bay... i got it at the starting bid of $0.99 plus $29.99 shipping (lol). Anyhow, it is pretty cheap, but it does the job alright. the winders all make a ton of noise and sound like they're going to die, but it has held up for 6mos so far. the only thing that worries me is that it might start a fire while i'm out of the house (?!) at some point i'll replace it with something decent. enjoy your new box, quite a monster! :thumbsupsmileyanim: