When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Interested in this unique piece...

sweb

Hello, I am a long time member and lurker on this forum, but am a well established member on other forums, and would like your help.

I was recently searching around for something on Craigslist and noticed this interesting piece...

3nb3kf3o8ZZZZZZZZZ95d8e4826d7ce361506.jpg3m53p53l7ZZZZZZZZZ95db86523140cc21e9f.jpg

3n73o93ldZZZZZZZZZ95df94efdba6a4312d1.jpg3mc3o73l8ZZZZZZZZZ95dab3ea71698501f10.jpg

I do not know if I am able to post the link to the page so for now I will refrain from doing so.

Below is the text from the Craigslist ad:

LIMITED EDITION CUSTOM AUDEMARS PIGUET WATCH WITH ICE OUT LAB MADE DIAMONDS !!!!!!!!!

MOVEMENT IS AN AUTHENTIC SWISS VALJOUX 7750 START/STOP CHRONOGRAPH MOVEMENT

IT IS MADE WITH HIGH QUALITY LAB-MADE DIAMONDS EMBEDDED, NOT CZ'S.

BOUGHT THIS WATCH FOR $5500 ABOUT 2-3 WEEKS AGO , GOT BORED.. LETTING IT GO FOR ONLY $2500/ALL OFFER CONSIDERED !!!!!

WATCH IS PRACTICALLY BRAND NEW !!!!!!!!!!

FRIEND IS IN THE JEWELRY INDUSTRY, SO CHANGE MY COLLECTION OFTEN !!!!!!!!

MARKING & MATERIALS ARE 100% ACCURATE !!!!!!

NOT THE CHEAP OFF OF THE STREET KNOCK OFF!!!! VERY HEAVY WATCH !!! IDENTICAL REPLICA TO ORIGINAL WATCH!, EVERYTHING THE SAME, ALL DIAL ARE EXACT MEASUREMENT .HAS STAINLESS STEEL BAND AND AUTOMATIC MOVEMENT. VERY HEAVY UNLIKE THE CHEAP KNOCKOFFS. IF YOU CANT AFFORD THE $60,000 DOLLAR AUTHENTIC AP, THIS IS THE WATCH FOR YOU. CAN'T FIND THIS MODEL ANYWHERE!!!! THIS IS A 100% EXACT REPLICA !!!!! I HAVE A REAL AP NOW AND YOU JUST CANT TELL THE DIFFRENCE !!!

LOCAL PICK UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SCAMMER STAY AWAY !!!!

The seller is asking for $2,500 for this watch, I personally find that watch ludicrous, but I am looking to add a "Vegas" watch to my collection since I am headed there in a month.

Can anyone here assist me in either finding a dealer capable of sourcing me this, or helping me identify a decent price for something like this.

P.S. This watch is Seconds at 9.

Edited by sweb

Well first up we know the above pic is a rep if he suggests he bought it new for only $5500 and that's beside the fact that AP would not use lab grown diamonds.

I'm betting that the watch in the pic is in fact studded with CZ's (or some other cheap alternative) and that it most likely carries an Asian 7750 and not swiss.

First guess is to ask Reg as he knows where to find these tacky watches (and God help me if he reads this :D ) but I'm sure most dealers have the diamond studded models amongst their stock, blinged out Breitlings are common ask Dave123 about them...he's pretty common himself....oops I better leave now. B)

Ken

First of all, droooooool....Swing, giggity giggity :bangin::bleh::bounce:

I have wanted one of these for a loooooong time. I have asked just about every dealer for an AP or a breitling replica iced like this. They all claim it dosen't exist. Eurotimez had one on a leather strap for $1,000, but the blue dial stick marker version and no iced bracelet.

If this guy is for real it is possible he had the rep custom set with CZ's or the jeweler made a one off and sold it to him. It is not unheard of for jewelers to charge $5 per stone for setting weather they are diamonds or fakes. This could very well have over 1,000 stones so $5,500 may be right although I would never pay that for a rep. The most I have spent on a rep is $2,300 and that was solid gold.

Most times these sort of things are custom modded. And to custom mod the whole bracelet and watch head takes lots of time. Probably that is the reason of the high price.

And besides, if you look closely to the pictures you can see it is a seconds @ 9. If someone would invest so much in a watch I'd definately go for a seconds @ 12, have it completely serviced and then modd it with stones.

Maybe a Hublot with stones is also a nice idea for a Vegas watch.