When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

192 hours of power reserve!

rmcsherry

Back when Enzo made his first Angelus, I decided it looked amazing and I'd give the same project a go. I didn't take long to source a movement, but I then realised that if I were to build a 6152 homage, I'd be better off with a non-alarm Angelus cal.240 (just as the original's had). Fast forward nearly 3 years, and all of the hard work has paid off.

Just as the final pieces of the watch were being pieced together, there was a knock on the door - our postman delivering THE BEST strap I have ever seen / worn, with thanks to my good friend Marco. I have to give a HUGE thanks to the people that made it possible (a large involvement from some of our esteemed members!); clint_eastwood, Marco, Tourby (for overhauling this beast of a movement!), dadog13, fishgodeep and VDB.

Enjoy the photos, and thanks again to everybody who made it possible.

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1317.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1320.jpg

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1323.jpg

great to see the project got finally completed!

I love it!!!

I am sure this one will get all the wrist time (I know that mine does!)

once again compliments for this one...3 years is a long period but seeing the end result it's clear why it was worth every single day of waiting!

Nice to see this one finaly achieve.

It look marvellous.

What a nice case :p , nice movement, nice strap.

But if you are wait 3 years for this one, what will be your next project now ? :)

Thanks for the work on the case - it looks great! 3 years included a number of Angelus / Cortebert / Molnija projects, this project is just the one I was working towards for all of that time (as you know, making the dials, sourcing the correct movement etc. are all time consuming tasks!). Still keeping good time, and it's great to not have to wind it everyday!

:confused: why only 20 posts about this one ????

I don't understand, because this watche is the "real" panerai, the one who have a history , more than a pre V or all others.

A fiddy is nothing compare to this one, so enjoy it :)

(R., i was happy to help you, you can always count on me for other project if you need; about how wind it, i wind all 2 days to keep the spring half wind for better accuracy)

Edited by Clint Eastwood

I'd give up a fair bit of my watch collection to get one of these.....

... so would I (I did ;))

I'll get some better photos on Friday, with a bit more info on the mods involved. Just off to polish out the scratches I've just put into the plexi!