When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New Aquisitions

cheswick

So here are my 2 new reps. With a few practices I think I've got a couple decent photo's out of them. No where near the professionals around here tho! ^_^ I do need some software now to make these look much nicer but thought I'd start in raw form. By the way, I love this DSSD! I know it's just a V3 but aside from that nagging date window, it's quite nice outta the box. I actually have a new bezel coming with my next order, cause this has a unsightly flaw. I wonder if any of you can pick it out? (Not the thin font, that's the way these all come). On to some pics! :)

img1097y.jpg

img1089.jpg

img1100q.jpg

img1099.jpg

img1101.jpg

img1094h.jpg

img1075copy.jpg

Here's a couple that I played with on a online photo editor...

practice.jpg

practice1.jpg

Your input is appreciated! Thanks all!

Nice watches and good effort on the pictures, I'm always tempted on the monanco, how are you finding it?Thanks for sharingST4

The Monaco is fairly nice. It is a cheaper rep so no where near perfect. Strap is a cool design but the Croc Leather is so-so. It's a good look tho, and a must have for a car guy like me :)

Any other opinions???? Constructive criticism is most welcome....

What kind of camera do you have? Does it allow manual focus? That is very helpful for closeups, but your lens will have a minimum focusing distance as well, and you may be hitting it. You might also consider a tripod for when you don't have enough light and/or lume shots. I think I see motion blur in some photos. Doesn't have to be fancy. Something like this:

gorilla pod

or this:

ultra pod

is very handy.

I'm assuming the flaw on the DSSD bezel is directly to the left of "10" ?

Good eye Shundi, your on to something there. It's actually the 10 itself, the 0 has like a paint overspray on the lower right portion. I covered it with a black jiffy marker but it's still evident when you look for it.

What kind of camera do you have? Does it allow manual focus? That is very helpful for closeups, but your lens will have a minimum focusing distance as well, and you may be hitting it. You might also consider a tripod for when you don't have enough light and/or lume shots. I think I see motion blur in some photos. Doesn't have to be fancy. Something like this:

gorilla pod

or this:

ultra pod

is very handy.

Yeah, I know a tripod is a must... Guess it's on my shopping list now. I got a slim Canon - nothing special. The manual mode is what I used for most of these shots I believe. Minimum focus distance makes sense, that would explain what I was getting with some of these (and other) shots. Thanks for the tips. I've never cared much about photo's until I discovered and STARTED LIVING on this forum. :D