When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vendor Quality Control?

Steve52

Good morning all!

I am looking for a new watch and have been using Joshua with absolutely no issues. Great, fast service and great watches. I was reading some comments other posts about quality control and some vendors just being drop shippers, so I decided to look at the Eurotimez site. On reading, it appears they take possession of the watch and check it over pretty well before shipping to the user.

Just wondering if a change to Eurotimez for quality reasons might be smart. They are just slightly higher in cost, but maybe that's worth it if they perform the QA checks first.

What do you think? :g:

I have never ordered from Chris, so I cannot comment on his QC process personally. I usually order from Josh and have NEVER had a problem that wasn't fixed. I HAVE seen a lot of recent negative thread about Eurotimez watches not being what was promised....so...caveat emptor.

ALL Dealers.. IMO.. have issues now and again.. it is ineviteble in this hobby and their business.

anything from incorrect orders to incorrect documentation...

the question I ask myself is who will take care of the issues in a timely manner after the sale ?

I stick with one main dealer... I have learned switching horses in the middle of the stream does not always have it's advantages.

MBK watches are another matter entirely.

my main point here is .. no matter what dealer you choose .. sooner or later you will run into issues with your replication.. no matter who it is.

weather it's dropped shipped or not .. a replicated movement can have a number of issues after the watch has been shipped out..

These are just my experiences with many .. many purchases... and many issues from various dealers(they all have issues in their watches sooner or later) ... I stick with the dealer that makes it right no matter what.. B)

and it is important for me to build a business relationship with people I spend my money with.

A~C

Lani

My first experience with Chris at Eurotimez was a pleasant, but a timely one. I chose the EU delivery, which according to Eurotimez, they send the watch to UK first and then onwards to me in Europe. The first watch that was sent to Chris was said to have a faulty movement so he had requested a new one from China. I had to wait a tad longer, but that's something I can live with when I got a working watch with few imperfections instead of having them dropshipped.

Later on, I accidently broke the movement after a couple of weeks of wear and Chris repaired my watch free of charge which was a big plus in my book. Due to this I will most likely get my next piece from Chris as well. I'd rather spend a couple of extra bucks to know that everything will work out in the end than save those said bucks from getting faulty/imperfect watches that dealers could care less for.

I have been buying from Joshua for years now and never once has he let me down. Let's face it....there will be problems....whether you do QC or not. Even fully serviced movements can break down...there are umpteen small parts and all it takes it an unlucky bump to displace/break something.

Joshua is the best man to have on your side when the s.hit hits the ceiling. I got a watch delivered this morning that has some issues. Wrote a mail to Joshua and will send some pics to him later on. And will have a new one with me by next week....no fuss.

the difference with eurotimez is even if there is some slip in QC he'll ALWAYS make it right. I've heard horror stories from other dealers and also really good experiences. I've never heard nightmares with ET and so far i've paid the premium for the insurance of him making it right, not so much the QC.... although it would be nice if it were consistent. ET offers peace of mind and pre shipping photos of your EXACT purchase. who else does that?