When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need To Elongate The Holes In A Ss Bracelet

Pete

I bought a new bracelet for my dd but can't fit it because the hole through the bracelet is a midges [censored] too far from the watch, with a loupe you can see the springbar end half over the hole but that's the limit as the thicker middle part of the bar is up against the bracelet. I reckon if I make the hole oval by 1 mm then it'll go on, btw I tried a thinner springbar but still no go, even the orig bracelet is a sod to put back on.

So, I got out my rep dremmel ! and a small grinding stone , spins at 15million rpm in free air but drops to anything between 200rpm and zero the second it touches the metal :angry: , so I thought a 2mm dia needle file would be a better idea, looked on Cousins site and they give the length and the cutting no. but no idea of dia does anyone know which would be suitable ? I assume 0 is coarse and 4 is fine but how wide a hole does it make ?

Cousins files

BTW Cousins sent me a flyer last week with pictures of their range of asian movements, all reasonably priced too.

Pete

Ubi, I'm not planning on touching the case just the endlinks of the bracelet. Bending the bar doesn't help as the prob is right at the end , the body of the bar is up against the hole through the bracelet so the pin in the end is about 1mm too far back from the hole in the case, it's so annoying to see it there on the edge but no manner of persuasion will get it in, the other end is actually in ! so unless I can buy a suitable file ( which will give me a consistant hole through the bracelet making it more secure, I'll have to keep nibbling at it with my non-dremmel dremmel!

Pete

Soooooooo, back to the original question then.

Does anyone know which file to buy from Cousins in the UK ?

I've seen plenty of cheap sets but they only have triangle and flat files in them at that size.

Thanks......

Pete

I have done exactly the same thing with my 1665 & 1680 bracelets when installing gen springbars. I used a needle rat tailed file to elongate the holes. My set of needle files is CK which you can get anywhere in the UK. I am sure the cousins ones will suffice.