When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone here NOT like Rolex?

unkindone

When I came here I researched practically every brand aside from Rolex. I had no interest in them whatsoever. Partly because of my age (28), partly because of the brands popularity, but mainly the styling did not do it for me. I looked and read for hours at all kinds of watches... So what am I wearing after all this?

img1101.jpg

WHY??? Well, the look of this watch really grabbed me. Large, blue lume, the hands... Then the details of it, like the ROLEXROLEXROLEX rehaut (I think that's what's it's called), the little crown serif, and actually the crown itself, all over the watch. So here I am. Will I but another Rolex? Maybe, I like the (vintage) Daytona's and definetly dig the Tudor`s... That being said I have several others in mind before I go back to the brand.

Moral of the story? Don't write off a brand, ANY brand, because they may just surprise you... ;)

wow...thats exactly what I think!!!!!!!!

except I am 22, and don't think I will buy any Rolex (rep or gen) till I am at least 30....

but yea...those deepseas are gorgeous non-the-less. the rolexrolex rehaut was one of the best design improvments Rolex has made IMO...so beautiful!! ^_^ ^_^

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

img1101.jpg

WHY???

Two fun posts from TZ regarding this watch:

"The gas comes out here! See...it's the ORIGINAL gas escape valve design! Aren't you impressed/? Yes... I used to have the Seadweller with the helium escape valve...but it didn't say that on the dial (rehaut, rehaut, rehaut...sorry) so I got this new one instead so EVERYONE would know that my watch will emit gas from the original patented spot at the appropriate time...right...every time I'm dry diving and using the helium mix...yup...the gas comes out right here...see? Yes...I'm very happy with the watch. Oh...of course it was worth $9500! Are you kidding? This has the Ring Lock System! Nobody else has that...well except every other dive watch on the market...but HEY!...they're not the same!...well, yes they are but...That's a unidirectional bezel that marks my dive time (when I'm in the dive bell using the helium mixture so the gas will escape out of the original valve right here on the side of the case...see the words...maybe they should include arrows... see.. it's right here...on the side...yes...the gas comes out there...)It also works great when I'm timing how long I have before I pick up the kids at soccer practice! Tell me how many other Dads can dry dive and pick their kids up from soccer practice on time...all in the same day...with the same watch...see?...see/ do you see how great this watch is?...do you...huh?...

10 reasons for not buying this watch:

10) I don't spend much time by the sea, let along deep in the sea.

9) If I did go deep in the sea, I would think twice about wearing a big shiny shark lure on my wrist whist diving.

8) I did not go to MIT, so it took me 6 months to figure out the guidelock bracelet.

7) Once I figured it out, I realized it would only benefit me in situations of extreme allergic reactions when my wrist had swollen up astronomically very rapidly.

6) I am not allergic to anything.

5) I am not married, and thus have managed to ovoid "Ring Lock Systems" to this point in my life. I am not starting now. No way.

4) I only have room for one "Gas Escape Valve" in my life. Trust me, mine is the original.

3) I think advertising my "Original Gas Escape Valve" while in public might deter women from attempting their "Ring Lock System" on me.

2) My head would implode at 12800 feet below the ocean. I think (emphasis on think) this might be the time when I stopped caring what was on my wrist.

1) I already owned a Breitling and decided the look was not for me."

Two fun posts from TZ regarding this watch:

"The gas comes out here! See...it's the ORIGINAL gas escape valve design! Aren't you impressed/? Yes... I used to have the Seadweller with the helium escape valve...but it didn't say that on the dial (rehaut, rehaut, rehaut...sorry) so I got this new one instead so EVERYONE would know that my watch will emit gas from the original patented spot at the appropriate time...right...every time I'm dry diving and using the helium mix...yup...the gas comes out right here...see? Yes...I'm very happy with the watch. Oh...of course it was worth $9500! Are you kidding? This has the Ring Lock System! Nobody else has that...well except every other dive watch on the market...but HEY!...they're not the same!...well, yes they are but...That's a unidirectional bezel that marks my dive time (when I'm in the dive bell using the helium mixture so the gas will escape out of the original valve right here on the side of the case...see the words...maybe they should include arrows... see.. it's right here...on the side...yes...the gas comes out there...)It also works great when I'm timing how long I have before I pick up the kids at soccer practice! Tell me how many other Dads can dry dive and pick their kids up from soccer practice on time...all in the same day...with the same watch...see?...see/ do you see how great this watch is?...do you...huh?...

10 reasons for not buying this watch:

10) I don't spend much time by the sea, let along deep in the sea.

9) If I did go deep in the sea, I would think twice about wearing a big shiny shark lure on my wrist whist diving.

8) I did not go to MIT, so it took me 6 months to figure out the guidelock bracelet.

7) Once I figured it out, I realized it would only benefit me in situations of extreme allergic reactions when my wrist had swollen up astronomically very rapidly.

6) I am not allergic to anything.

5) I am not married, and thus have managed to ovoid "Ring Lock Systems" to this point in my life. I am not starting now. No way.

4) I only have room for one "Gas Escape Valve" in my life. Trust me, mine is the original.

3) I think advertising my "Original Gas Escape Valve" while in public might deter women from attempting their "Ring Lock System" on me.

2) My head would implode at 12800 feet below the ocean. I think (emphasis on think) this might be the time when I stopped caring what was on my wrist.

1) I already owned a Breitling and decided the look was not for me."

Is that sarcasm? We don't get that here. - Steve Martin

I love top 10 lists. Like top 10 reasons TO OWN this watch.

10) Unlike most Rolex's, this watch is actually visible to the naked eye.

9) Attention to detail, as mentioned earlier, on the rep model

8) Build quality of the rep/ gen

7) How many Diving watches are actually used for diving? This is not the first!

6) Advertising Rolex on your wrist, may just help with women attempting their "Ring Lock System"

5) It's heavy enough to double as a weapon (Handy in a bar fight or a shark fight)

4) I AM married, and the "Ring Lock System" has been one of the best decisions of my life. (It helps when you meet quality women)

3) It is not a traditional Rolex, therefore you are not required to be in your retirement years to wear it... (Daytona excluded)

2) Jeremy Clarkson does not own one

1) It tells you the time :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So do you think the no date adds ot detracts from the appearance of the Sub.

Interesting point to raise :)

Personally, I feel that the no date adds a more balanced appearance to the dial, but, it does then mean losing a function (which can be useful)...

I'd say function requirement would be the ultimate decider... If it's needed, it's a benefit. If it's not needed, no point in having one :)